PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 07-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
My doodles and sketches.

A passion of mine has always been drawing, sketching and painting. Since I took up with paper modeling, it has taken my attention away from this field and it is slightly suffering because of it. I have a sketch book with all of my military subjects somewhere in one of my storage boxes so the greatest amount of military stuff is not represented.

My favorite medium is acrylics and water colors and on occasions, air brushing. The areas that I have problems with is pen and ink and oil colors.

Here are a sampling of my works. I hope that they will be to your enjoyment. Also, the more risque works are also not represented for obvious reasons. So without further ado, enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
My doodles and sketches.-archer-01.jpg   My doodles and sketches.-fighter-03.jpg   My doodles and sketches.-m-113-mortar.jpg   My doodles and sketches.-knight-01.jpg   My doodles and sketches.-maid-01.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 07-13-2009, 08:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
One of the best bits of advice I ever got re; oils was from a friend who did the artist's impressions for McDonnell Douglas way back. Block everything in with acrylics, then overpaint with oils enough to get the subtle shading. All of the benefits, a lot less of the drying time and you can use turps to wipe away mistakes without ruining the whole piece.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Pretty cool stuff there!