PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 08-10-2009, 07:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
Well....
The one thing that is too bad about it is that it is the issue with the plastic wheels, not the one with full spokes.
Cool! Clean build. You can watch Ebay and come up with the wire wheels to replace the plastic ones. That was the one thing that bothered me about Pocher, as time went by, they cut more and more corners until as you now have, the wire spoked wheels were replaced w/plastic. Their excuse was that too many kits were never completed because of the wire wheels!!!!! My guess was that one of or more suppliers were no longer working with them to keep making the wire wheels. Enjoyed the photos, I like this version the best of the three Pocher done. Great build, Rick
Old 08-15-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev0 View Post
I have the 500K card model from Wrebbit.

This is a neat kit, that if built as instructed results in a nice car that not only is prototypical, but will operate as well. I had one many moons ago. Will get another again, seems Hobby Lobby gets them every now and again!!!!!!!:DRick
Old 08-15-2009, 12:20 PM

Here is another project in the making: A Hawk (remember them when you bought, slapped together, and played with in mock WW1 air battles)....Ford Flat Head V-8, 1/6th scale. The white parts are to build a Custom/Show engine. I know there is that plastic kit thing again...........
Attached Thumbnails
Oh No Another Plastic Model-002.jpg  
Old 08-15-2009, 12:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
I still haven't seen one of those show up at the local hobby shop, guess I'm going to have to check the mail order folks.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
I still haven't seen one of those show up at the local hobby shop, guess I'm going to have to check the mail order folks.
Check your local Hobby Lobby.......got this one and a 1/8th Big Duece @ same time. If you go when they have their 30% discount you can get the kit at a deal. I will tell you this, I was most impressed with. Now the kit does come prepainted, but that can be over came with you repainting. But if you build as comes out of the box, it is simply beautiful if you are into engines. Now if only I had a 1/6th frame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Rick
Google Adsense