PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 07-17-2021, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 121.70 MB
Thanx, resin printer is great, but I stay with FDM printing, I primarily deal with paper models, 3D printing is just an accessory for me

I am slowly continuing on this project as well. I have finished the basic spray, now I will be painting the details by hand, I started with a gas mask ... A few photos:
Attached Thumbnails
My 3D prints-dscn6752.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn6772.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn6780.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn6786.jpg  
Old 07-24-2021, 03:02 PM

I managed to complete the model, I am glad that the first completed painted figure from the 3D printer is this liquidator of the consequences of the atomic accident. It is a small memory of all the people who sacrificed their health and often their lives to mitigate the consequences of this catastrophe. In my opinion, these are real heroes whom many people do not know, but still deserve our thanks. First Photo is of the real liquidator.
The model contains 27 parts, which must first be printed on a 3D printer. Then it must be folded and then painted, or add a patina. Surely it can be done better, but for that. that it is the first figure it did not turn out so badly ...

... finally a presentation video :
Chernobyl Liquidator - YouTube

...and a few photos:
Attached Thumbnails
My 3D prints-chernobyl-serie-portada.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn6790.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn6809.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn6828.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn6834.jpg  

My 3D prints-dscn6839.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn6849.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn6918.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn6925.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn6933.jpg  

My 3D prints-dscn6949.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn6956.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn6971.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn6985.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn6989.jpg  

My 3D prints-uprav4cb2.jpg  
Old 07-31-2022, 07:36 AM

Lord of the Nazgul
(The Witch-king of Angmar)

Source: gambody.com

Figure of a character from the film series Lord of the Rings. For those who know the series, this small diorama captures the moment when he lost his dragon and fights with Eowyn.

I started slowly assembling the second 3D printed figure. It's from gambody again, so the system is the same as with the liquidator (connectors are used
to connect the parts) But in the end I only used the connectors for the base,
the parts didn't fit so well with the figure, so I left them out and just glued and plastered it ... Since now I will still be gluing the upper parts of the mantle, I sprayed it with matte black to cover the white putty, which would then be difficult to get to... The base sprayed with brown, there will be more stones, grass... A few photos of the current status:
Attached Thumbnails
My 3D prints-nazgul.jpg   My 3D prints-witch-king-23_980x500.jpg   My 3D prints-witch-king-24_980x500.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn9861.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn9946.jpg  

My 3D prints-dscn9955.jpg  
Old 08-07-2022, 05:20 AM

So the figure would be complete (except for the weapons)... The most work was with the cloak, since it is made of 2 parts, while the joint is in the middle in a visible place, so I had to putty and sand it several times, which again lost the texture on the place...in the end I roughened it up a bit with a micro drill so that I don't have a smooth strip there...I will spray it with matte varnish and start playing with the details...A couple of photos of the current state:
Attached Thumbnails
My 3D prints-dscn9999.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn0016.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn0013.jpg   My 3D prints-dscn0009.jpg