PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 08-17-2009, 08:43 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Six sets, I have A through D, what are the others Greg?

I did find this
http://www.tamiya.com/english/produc...ring/index.htm
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 08-17-2009, 08:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Oh those sets they look interesting and useful. When I have some more time I will get back to this project. Thank you
Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
I should have counted them before I said six. there is only five:

A - Sand, Light sand, Mud
B - Snow, Soot, Rust
C - Orange rust, Gunmetal, Silver
D - Burnt blue, Red, Oil stain
E - Yellow, Grey, Green

I have B & C

Greg
Old 08-18-2009, 06:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keds_Girl_Lala View Post
I have the Russia DVD movies Fall of Berlin and They Fight For The Motherland which show how the tank should look. And in colour too. So I can make some adjustment to match the movie pictures.
Can you tell us a bit more about these DVD movies? Are they available in the US? Will they play on our Area 1 DVD players? I wouldn't care if the language is Russian; just having the images from Russian cameras would be priceless!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:16 PM

I make some screen capture from the movie Fall of Berlin, from 1949. It is all colour. The scenes they are re-enactions but the tanks and things they are real.

I hope some one they can use this or it is interesting. I buy the DVD from Amazon a year prior but now it say "unavailable". It have no English wording but it have English titles.

The T-34 tank as my model show

And again T-34 tank...

This is two burning Enemy tanks in battle

And German tank and cannon shot down by T-34 tanks

It is the Flame Thrower tank on the T-34

And the Tiger tank it is to fight the T-34 tank

And last there is the Artillery tanks ISU

Google Adsense
Old 08-25-2009, 09:56 AM

There were parts of the movie on Youtube which were just great! Thank you so much for the screen shots! I am amazed at how the Russians staged the battle scenes in those movies.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:15 AM

According to the package it use nearly 200 bomber planes, 5 artillery and infantry soldier divisions, 4 tank batallions and 1.5 million liter of gasoline for the battle scenes to look so real.

It is a very strange movie. It has a fantasy quality like a faerie tale to some degree in the way it weave romance with Stalin and the War. And it depict Hitler and Goebbles very well with the scenes in the Berlin bunker considering the time it was make and what was known then historically. It is interesting also in that while some time the Russians they had said back then Hitler he had not died... in the movie, he died...

So when I return to my tank I want to make it look more like the ones I show from the movie.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:14 PM

That explains why there are so many authentic vehicles. I noticed that the air is filled with so many Il-2 Schturmoviks. What a great movie that must be. I will have to try to acquire a copy.

Thank you, Oksana, for taking the trouble to make the screen shots. Good luck with the tank, too. It is obvious you are proud of your history and rightly so!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:35 AM

I can make some more images. it is quite easy. I just run the movie in my computer and press "F10" when I want to make the picture.

Some time things from my family live and where I grow up it is what I can bring with me to the USA. I have no relation to the history here in America. But some things like the World War 2 it is still some thing in common that people know about.

History it is some thing in school I learn and now it is interesting also when I may compare it to the history I read or see here.

At the model store I buy a few paints for my tank now. It is a set of water/acrylic paints for the tanks with things like "Tracks Colour", "Rust Colour", "Canvas Strap Colour", "Rubber Tire Colour" The paints they are dear to buy but the colors I do not see elsewhere... and they are for the model and not craft paints.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:27 AM

Use Artist acrylics & pastels

When i paint my modelsi use the tamiya as a base and only use quality artist acyrlics because you can mix to suit your required color, they dry fast and you can water them down. I weather my models with soft art pastels. Using a tea bag strainer to grind the pastel into a powered form over a small container . I can then mix them for the effect /color i want. All these are cheap in comparision to the modellers paints and weathering pastels. I cannot tell the difference.
Google Adsense