PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 08-14-2009, 02:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
It is Plastic model also T-34 tank

It is not so large as the Modelarz card kit. It is the T-34 by Maquette, a Russia brand. I find the model on discount and buy it since it is made close to home.

It takes more work in weeks time to make such a model. It have many parts and they take more time in most cases to cut out. Then when I make the crawlers, there are too many parts there!

I had at first thought the model it would come in some color (like green) but it was in white, black and the grey color plastic. So I have to paint every thing in the end. I use spray paint "Olive Drab Nr. 2" and make it all green.

I have to put the model a way for now. To take care of some personal thing I need for my family. But I will come back to it after this. The paint it is glossy and that might not be so well. And I have to paint things with color, like the wood saw, the crawlers, the smoke pipes, etc. And it have transfer stickers for the markings to apply.

It have some white cat hair on the model but it is not stuck to the paint... just from my dress from holding a white cat before I make the photos!

I have make some mistakes and glue will mar the side where I have had to move some detail around.
Google Adsense
Old 08-14-2009, 05:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.45 MB
That looks awfully good Lala!
Too bad it is p-p-p-p, not paper!
Looks real good though!
I know that p-p-p-p-p, not paper, does take a lot of patience and work as well!
You talk a lot about mistakes but it looks really good in the pictures!

Keep them photos coming!

Russell
Old 08-14-2009, 07:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Looks pretty good to me as well, especially for the first time round...I think that the other p has the advantages in finishing skills but paper requires far more developed skills for design and assembly because you do not have the luxury of covering errors with some filler and a dollop of paint.

Always good to try something different though....like Conan said, that which does not kill us makes us stronger....
Old 08-15-2009, 06:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This is a very good-looking model, Oksana.

Although many modelers like to weather their military vehicle models, I think there is also something to be said for a nice clean finish that gives a good impression of the vehicle.

Your model shows what the T-34 looked like and the clean satin finish is most attractive.

Don
Old 08-15-2009, 11:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 198.27 MB
SPONeill,

It seems that some Russian cardmodelers have a tradition of making white cardmodels and painting them.

See pictures: New Page 1

From the website: Модели из бумаги в М 1\72

To be honest, I occasionally cover my errors with some filler and a dollop of paint usually on the edges.

Ken
Google Adsense
Old 08-15-2009, 12:13 PM

You continue to amaze. Not only are you an accomplished card modeler, but you are not to shabby @ plastic and a tank too boot. You go girl. I like the subject and to tell the truth, just pick out the details and let go. I too like the factory finish.:DRick
Old 08-15-2009, 03:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
The interesting thing about your plastic kit, Oksana, is that the Russian designers got the look of the thing absolutely correct.

During the Great Patriotic War, the tank factory at Kursk did not care about making a pretty tank. It was designed and built as quickly as possible to kill as many Germans as possible.

To that end, the cast turret was extremely rough with no time wasted on eliminating the casting marks. If we think the exterior is rough, you only have to spend a few minutes inside the real thing to appreciate how tough and dedicated the Russian tank crews were.

The Patton Museum near Louisville has one (I've been in it....it's a claustrophobic experience) and it looks as rough as your model.

Here's the cool thing. I once asked the curator about the T-34's ability to run. He remarked that out of all the tanks in the museum's collection, he always knows the T-34 will start up. They aren't pretty or quiet, but that Russian-built diesel just runs and runs!

Even though it's plastic, it's still a model. So, thanks for building and sharing it with us.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 89.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keds_Girl_Lala View Post

I had at first thought the model it would come in some color (like green) but it was in white, black and the grey color plastic. So I have to paint every thing in the end. I use spray paint "Olive Drab Nr. 2" and make it all green.I have to put the model a way for now. To take care of some personal thing I need for my family. But I will come back to it after this. The paint it is glossy and that might not be so well. And I have to paint things with color, like the wood saw, the crawlers, the smoke pipes, etc. And it have transfer stickers for the markings to apply.

I have make some mistakes and glue will mar the side where I have had to move some detail around.
The decals go best on a smooth, glossy surface. Later, if you want, you can find a clear "flat" spray to make it look less shiny. Some people also "weather" it with thinned dark paint, or streaks of dark pastel powder, and paint on rust color in different places. Decoration is much easier on a paper model!
Old 08-15-2009, 08:39 PM

lala,very nice,i can't get spray paint to come out that smooth,have to use airbrush,you can always use a can of flat to cover up the gloss.put your stickers on first as they will go on easier on glossey surfaces.and try to use the same brand of flat as your paint or test some wheres you wont be able to see.doug
Old 08-15-2009, 09:17 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
I can only echo the others comments on how good your bit of armor looks. As to those decals, just as Dave says, they go down a lot easier on a glossy surface. I always used Future Acrylic Floor Finish on mine before adding the decals just for that reason. Another tip, do all of your detail painting while it is glossy, the paint will also go down easier just like the decals. And, if you want to add some black or brown washes to highlight some of the detail, do it now before you shoot on a coat of Flat or Matte Clear, that glossy surface also helps that flow out just as well.
Google Adsense