PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 06-18-2021, 03:41 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Attachment 448922

Seen on the Facebook market today. Is anyone interested? Seems very cheap to me, so it might be a scam. I am slowly renovating a 1963 Strat which I recently acquired for a song, so I'm not in the market for an SG.
Could be genuine, perhaps the owner is on his/her uppers.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Attachment 448922

Seen on the Facebook market today. Is anyone interested? Seems very cheap to me, so it might be a scam. I am slowly renovating a 1963 Strat which I recently acquired for a song, so I'm not in the market for an SG.
I did a Google search, and a new one sells for $179 at Guitar Center. I've seen fake Gibsons but I'm not aware of companies directly copying budget Epiphone models.

When I got my Epiphone, I got a Warranty Card with the purchase date and stuff, might be worth asking to see it.
I'd also ask if the truss rod is functional, mine got VERY stiff inside the channel at some point but I managed to sort it out without damaging the threads.

I'm interested in that '63 Strat!! I heard those are really valuable!!
Old 06-19-2021, 09:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I'm not too knowledgeable on the SG, and when I posted this I didn't realise that the original was by Gibson and the Epiphone was a cheaper copy. So I guess it is probably a reasonable price for a second-hand Epi, but it does look good in the pictures. It's about an hour's drive away from me but I'm no longer able to drive, so I'll not be popping over to check it out. Especially now I realise that it's not in that "Special" bargain class that I imagined it to be.

And y'all can show as much interest as ya like in me 'Strat', but it ain't fer sale, nohow. I've wanted one ever since Cliff Richard bought one for Hank Marvin (yeah I am that old), but never thought I'd ever actually own one. It's a bit battered, but for £20 in a junk shop, I just couldn't walk away from it. I thought it was probably a cheap copy, but the more I explore and dismantle it, the more I'm convinced it's a genuine '60s California build.
Old 06-20-2021, 03:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Wow, Peter, that's an awesome build. Is the neck also heavier than the body, like the real one? It's my favourite electric guitar, never owned one though.
Old 06-20-2021, 04:49 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kosmonaut View Post
Wow, Peter, that's an awesome build. Is the neck also heavier than the body, like the real one? It's my favourite electric guitar, never owned one though.
Thanks. No the neck is lighter than the body on the model.
Google Adsense