PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 07-05-2021, 02:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Historyscapes

Well my wife and I are publishing a history periodical called Historyscapes. It is a monthly issued periodical on history topics that are weird or tangent to main topics. In the August issue we cover a lot of American Civil War topics, but also have a feature article on the France's "Mexico Adventure" and how that effected the geo-political landscape during the Lincoln administration. And every issue comes with one of my paper models from C.T.'s Paperclads as well. Sometimes the model is on topic as it is in the August issue and some times it is off topic as in this months issue. We are covering the American Revolution and War oof independence, but I have a Civil War Ironclad as the model. The model comes with the full history as well, and as with all of the articles, foot notes and bibliographies are included.

The website side of things has a public area (non-subscribers) that has links to you tube videos, forums, pictures and more. It is still under construction. I will also be doing in-depth video's and articles on different period clothing projects as well, and even a monthly article on food.

Our first issue is going out tonight to subscribers. For non-subscribers the web site side of things will have more features added soon. I know all of you here like models and some of my unpublished model kits will be featured in future issues.

At any rate, come check us out if you like. The in-depth articles may not be for everyone, but if you like getting off into the weeds in topics (like how many women were camping at Valley Forge with the Continental Army and why, and how do we know) then you might give us a read. I am hoping that the videos for our up-coming "on site history" section will also be entertaining.

Membership Levels - Historyscapes | An Ages and Eras Periodical is the website. You can subscribe now if you like, other features for subscribers and non-subscribers alike will be opening soon.

Thank you all!