PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 10-14-2021, 03:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
I love these! Model kit cover art is one of my favourite kind of illustration and I admire your skills in these works.

There are electronic anti-tremor handles for spoons and other cutlery. Maybe, just maybe it's worth trying? Things might not feel the same but it could be an option.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.21 GB
Thank you Rjccjr for starting this and sharing your work.
I expect there are many "Artists" within Paper Modelers.

Here are a few of my efforts.

Dang! The first saddle I selected is not a clear copy and I am unable to delete it.

Bob Penikas
Attached Thumbnails
old stuff-bennets-f-86.jpg   old stuff-wwii_stretcher_bearers.jpg   old stuff-8x11.jpg   old stuff-prismacolor-felt-tip-sketch.jpg   old stuff-pat-tree.jpg  

old stuff-gun-crew.jpg   old stuff-saddle-using-two-colors.jpg   old stuff-using-two-colors.jpg  
Old 10-19-2021, 11:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 29.59 MB
Thanks, rjccjr. I appreciate your response. I just wanted you to know there is a painting program that has some brush stabilization tools available. So maybe you could paint digitally instead of physically. It has helped me to continue painting. And it's free. Of course learning new software is always a pain.

Krita

Continue on adapting and creating, it's what we do.

Cory
Old 11-08-2021, 10:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 814.53 MB
other stuff update

Hi All;

Here are several more. My budget and workshop are limited, so I can't afford to frame or display many. The photos may not be the greatest but they will have to suffice. Probably the same can be said of the art work. Experimentation is important to learning and doing things from scratch can't help but teach. Though I did try some art groups for a while, they never held much appeal. Never went to art school, just like I never went to model building classes either. Doing is learning, whether it's a kit or scratch, and research is half the project.

These were stored in the back of a pile and were done back in the seventies and eighties. The Cutty Sark and Leipzig are acrylic. The Salem, Brooklyn and Milwaukee are water colors. The Cutty Sark is actually a copy of a book jacket from a painting of marine artist Chris Mayger, who died in 1994. It was the first time that I had tried acrylics and it was a challenge to see what they could do. It taught a great deal about color mixing. Some locals groused the they were difficult because they dried too fast and oils were better. The idea that you could paint and walk around with it shortly after seemed very appealing. Some claimed that water color painting was very hard to do. Actually the difference between mediums was less important than the subject and technique. That similar to the difference between working ship models with wood, plastic or card. It's seems just a matter of developing a command of the medium.

Regards, rjccjr
Attached Thumbnails
old stuff-014.jpg   old stuff-021.jpg   old stuff-022.jpg   old stuff-024.jpg   old stuff-028.jpg  

Old 11-08-2021, 11:07 AM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
All good, but my favorite so far is the LRDG Jeep. The slanted ground, the low angle of sight, and the driver's posture really add to the sense of drama.
One can almost hear the driver saying, "Uh-oh!" (or words to that effect).

I like the way the low angle draws me into the action.

Keep them coming!
Google Adsense
Old 11-13-2021, 10:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
They are excellent works. Hope you post more of them.
Old 11-15-2021, 07:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Some really nice paintings. Agree with you about the getting older bit. I've been trying to get back to doing a bit of painting. Avoiding a few of the issues by going towards more non-objective work, just enjoy pushing paint around.
Old 01-09-2022, 12:01 PM

old stuff update

Hi All;

Got frustrated making bitts for DD-793 and decided to pick up this thread again. 001 is where it all began, my first models, in 1944. You have to be really old to remember these. They sometimes show up hanging in the background of WW II era films. 1038 is a pencil sketch done when I was in the late teens.030,042 and 044 are preliminary pencil sketches and an acrylic painting of a B-47. 019, 035 and 038 are water colors done in the early nineties. None of them are framed because there is no room to store them and I couldn't afford frames for everything. Hope you enjoy them.

Regards, rjccjr
Attached Thumbnails
old stuff-001.jpg   old stuff-1038.jpg   old stuff-030.jpg   old stuff-042.jpg   old stuff-044.jpg  

old stuff-019.jpg   old stuff-038.jpg   old stuff-035.jpg  
Old 01-16-2022, 01:19 PM

old stuff

Hi All;

More old stuff, not paintings but a series of 1/72 scale aircraft. They are around fifty years old, but have held up very well over the years. Most of the schemes are hand painted. The odd looking little flying boat is a Grigorovich M-5. It's markings are not American, but Russian. The Curtiss Sea Hawk is not a kit. It was cobbled up from highly modified old kit parts. The Fokker D-VII and the Roland C.II camouflages are hand painted. The Hansa-Brandenburg W-33 does have decaled wing. The Henschel HS-123 scheme was air brushed. There are no photo etched or resin parts, just plain old styrene. These were all done before the tremors took hold. the good thing about this scale is that you can fit a lot of them in a very small cabinet.

Regards rjccjr
Attached Thumbnails
old stuff-005.jpg   old stuff-015.jpg   old stuff-023.jpg   old stuff-020.jpg   old stuff-006.jpg  

old stuff-025.jpg  
Old 02-20-2022, 10:54 AM

old stuff update

Hi All;

Here is something very different. A guy, that I met, had a collection of these on a table. While he was away on vacation there was a heavy rain storm. The plaster ceiling leaked and collapsed on the table, smashing the collection. He came looking to see if any could be restored. So these two were selected as a test. They are wooden, pattern makers models dating back to the 1950s or 60s. The silver one is a very rare WWI Pfalz D.1. Fokker wasn't the only one who made a triplane. The other is a Fokker D-VII. Both are approximately 1/16th scale. The first photo shows the Pfalz, cleaned up before reassembly, just to give some idea of what a mess they were. The other pictures show them as they are right now, forty years later. Sixteen models restored at an agreed upon price would have been prohibitively expensive, so these are the only survivors. The demand of a restoration is to get things back together and to resist the temptation to improve anything. Using information currently available, would result in very different results, but it would destroy any value as antiques. At present they are very fragile, but they are together, rare beasts indeed.

Regards rjccjr
Attached Thumbnails
old stuff-pfalz-d.1-before.jpg   old stuff-002.jpg   old stuff-015.jpg   old stuff-004.jpg   old stuff-010.jpg  

Google Adsense