PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 03-20-2022, 04:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Welding

I have a welder, actually two of them. A small Miller 180 wire feed welder that runs on 220v and a Lincoln Square Wave Tig 200 that can run on a house plug or 220v.

Always looking for projects and Miller Welds sent me this. Notice the pattern to use is printed on paper. The actual pattern is then 3M Super 77 to the metal.

DIY Welding Project: Rocket Stove - YouTube

If you're interested here are the plans if you want to make a paper version:
DIY Welding Project: Rocket Stove[Guide] | MillerWelds

Mike
Google Adsense
Old 03-20-2022, 06:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
This is something I noticed guy did on his truck. I made a picture and made almost a direct copy of it for my company work truck. Later on I made 3 more sets like this for others because my boss is fond of making gifts for his friends.

It works very well within limits. Drives HAS TO remember about long tail and adjust his driving accordingly.

Old 03-20-2022, 07:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.97 MB
Pretty cool rocket stove, and looks like a fun welding project.
Old 03-20-2022, 10:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
This is awesome! I got myself a welder for Christmas and have been looking for more projects. I've mostly been using it to fix broken stools in my classroom at school, but I've been looking to add some side projects to make some money to pay back the cost of the welder (it was a cheap 120v Flux-core, but still).
Old 03-21-2022, 06:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
More Projects? Check Out Lincoln and Miller Websites

Quote:
Originally Posted by willygoat View Post
This is awesome! I got myself a welder for Christmas and have been looking for more projects. I've mostly been using it to fix broken stools in my classroom at school, but I've been looking to add some side projects to make some money to pay back the cost of the welder (it was a cheap 120v Flux-core, but still).
You need to check the Miller and Lincoln sites. Both have monthly projects for making lots of handy items. Lincoln has a magazine they send out every quarter that has some really good tips and projects in them.

I'm signed up for emails with Miller, so get all kinds of projects sent to me. I just ordered the parts to make the stove. Already printed the full size patterns.

Will pick the material up tomorrow during lunch. One thing the guys says in the video, Good thing about working with metal is that the glue dries really fast.

I used to make and sell wood stoves, so this will be fun. Have lots of high temp paint, gallons of it finally a reason to use some up.

Oh, are you using a respirator? The flux core has some bad stuff in it. I stopped spitting the brown stuff when I bought one of the little Miller ones designed to fit under a hood. Breathe easier at night too.

If you have issues finding some place to print these, PM me and I can help.

Mike

Last edited by mbauer; 03-21-2022 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Breathing
Google Adsense
Old 03-22-2022, 04:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
I do use a heavy-duty mask/respirator. I've found that I am allergic to the gases of welding (both shielding for Mig/TIG and the of gases from Stick/flux-core) as well as nearly everything else. Especially dust. Which is helpful as a shop teacher.