PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 08-25-2022, 11:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
2 x 2cm would be inconveniently small for pastels so I made a template for 4 x 4cm samples. It's on page 6 of this PDF file: https://www.gnu.org/software/3dldf/g...or_samples.pdf

The file and source code are on this webpage: The GNU 3DLDF Colors Page
Attached Thumbnails
Color Charts-rscf0001.jpg   Color Charts-rscf0003.jpg   Color Charts-rscf0004.jpg  
Old 08-27-2022, 11:08 PM

Sennelier pastels

While I tend to buy a lot of things in little jars, I hadn't been collecting them and I didn't have enough for all the pastels, so I bought some 45ml jars for preserves. I've got the sheets for the charts prepared and can get stuck in now making them. It will literally require washing my hands for each color.

There are hundreds of shades available for these pastels, which makes sense, because all you can do is blend them; you can't really mix them.
Attached Thumbnails
Color Charts-sscf0001.jpg   Color Charts-sscf0002.jpg   Color Charts-sscf0003.jpg   Color Charts-sscf0004.jpg   Color Charts-sscf0005.jpg  

Color Charts-sscf0006.jpg   Color Charts-sscf0007.jpg   Color Charts-sscf0008.jpg  
Old 08-28-2022, 12:10 AM

This is a sheet of paper for oil paint. It's DIN A3 = 420 x 297mm. It's for color samples of encaustic (hot wax) paint. I was working on this some months ago and posted photos of my color charts on another thread.

I mix the encaustic paint from refined beeswax and oil paint. I've ordered some new colors and hopefully they will arrive tomorrow and I can get started making the new samples.
Attached Thumbnails
Color Charts-tscf0001.jpg   Color Charts-tscf0002.jpg   Color Charts-tscf0003.jpg  
Old 09-04-2022, 12:28 PM

I got the paint and some little saucepans and will get stuck in when I have a block of time to devote to it.

Ultimately, my plan is to buy the whole assortment of the Mussini line of the Schmincke oil paints. I'm pretty close already. The ones I had from before are so old that I've got a few discontinued colors, which I shall use sparingly. Often, they're discontinued because they contain hazardous materials, although I think the reasons for allowing some things and not others may be somewhat arbitrary.

The metal table is for encaustic. It's heated from below by an encaustic iron, which looks like a little iron for ironing clothes. There are larger and more expensive tables with heating elements. I tried this one out and it works great. I don't really need the iron for standalone use; I think it's often used for accidental effects and I'm not big on those.
Attached Thumbnails
Color Charts-uscf0001.jpg   Color Charts-uscf0002.jpg   Color Charts-uscf0003.jpg   Color Charts-uscf0004.jpg   Color Charts-uscf0005.jpg  

Color Charts-uscf0006.jpg   Color Charts-uscf0007.jpg   Color Charts-uscf0008.jpg