PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 06-07-2010, 07:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
The Red Baron/Manfred von Richtofen

I'm taking a short break from card models and I thought I'd post a couple of more figure pieces I've built over the years.

This is a 20 year old+/-, 120mm resin figure of Manfred von Richtofen aka The Red Baron.

It was finished with airbrush, and sable brushes. It is mostly acrylic paint with some gouache, water color, colored pencil, felt tip pens, pastels and any other tools/medium that worked. I use what ever I need to get the results I'm looking for.

enjoy,
SFX
Attached Thumbnails
The Red Baron/Manfred von Richtofen-better-full-fig.jpg   The Red Baron/Manfred von Richtofen-bust.jpg   The Red Baron/Manfred von Richtofen-metals-coat.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 06-07-2010, 08:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Now we're talking. That is some very impressive paint work SFX. But I would not have expected any less from you Sir.

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful model with a great finish to it. Do you protect the paint with any kind of treatment at all to stop fading?

Cheers
Jim
Old 06-07-2010, 10:05 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Nicely done, SFX! I painted that figure myself. Produced by Model Cellar. They made several WWI aces in 120mm scale. I thought the Richtofen figure really captured the likeness well, and in my opinion was the best of the lot. You did the Red Baron proud.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 113.24 MB
Very well done. I've seen those Model Cellar figures in the Squadron catalog for awhile now I might have to pick up a couple.
Wayne