PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge > Paper Birthday

Old 12-16-2014, 06:19 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Smile

...and a Very Happy Birthday from this guy too
Old 12-16-2014, 09:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Thanks for all the great Birthday wishes! It's the warmth and camaraderie I find here that makes it such a special place. I put together a Dremel drill press plus workstation stand today. I think it will allow me to add some precision and versatility to my card models as well as other home projects.

Today was a typical blustery winter mountain day so not much chance to try out my new furled leader for my tenkara rod. I've had fun using this rod with just a level leader of "amnesia" line so I expect good things from this setup. Wednesday thru Friday look much better for fishing.

I have not been doing much card modeling lately. I'm not quite sure whether it's lack of focus or energy. I'm definitely going to try to complete something during the holiday break.

Finally while I hate to ruin a good buzz I think that a health update is in order. Since I was diagnosed with an indolent form of lymphoma a little over a year ago I've been living with it and keeping a close watch on when or if to treat it. Unfortunately a new development is that my last prostate biopsy came back positive. So on January 8th I'll be having a DaVinci robotic surgery to remove the cancer. Hopefully after that I'll bounce back fairly quickly and I can go back to monitoring the other thing.

And one last thing, I promise, really..... I've developed a recent interest in vintage balsa gliders, especially the old Jim Walker models and the ones made by North Pacific. I'd like to do some reproductions of the Stratos or maybe even the Skeeter planes. However I have not found a source for the very special plastic clips that made these planes fly so well. If anyone has a stash of clips or old broken planes. If anyone has or knows where I might be able to get them I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks again for the Birthday wishes and Happy Holiday's to all!

Curt