PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge > Paper Birthday

Old 05-20-2022, 01:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
Happy Birthday

Robin

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Old 05-20-2022, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I hope your birthday allowed you to recover a bit.

Feeling better today?
Old 05-20-2022, 02:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
I hope your birthday allowed you to recover a bit.

Feeling better today?
Yes, today is not so bad. If I lay down. Head still hurts, catscan shows no bleeding.

Attached photos show the tool used during a test. Test was to see which material could resist change the most: a heavy piece of steel pipe or my head.

The steel pipe was made into a homemade fence post tamper tool. Photo attached. It was not dented or harmed in anyway. A close examination was done. Do have photos of my head, but not something to post here-best to say the fence post tamper won.

weds. night my birthday present to myself was getting installed. a Rimol 15ftx24ft High Tunnel Greenhouse. Was setting the corner posts. Final one wasn't quite square, new position re-located and bam.

The posts are 4ft long and are buried a minimum of 2ft deep. I have a homemade fence steel post tamper made from a really heavy piece of pipe. Added a couple of handles and a piece of plate at one end to create a striking surface or stop. It works great for chain link etc., fence posts.

The post is 4ft tall I am 5ft8inches. Well above the post height, bent over to use the tool had my head at an angle below the level of the tamper that put it in the line of fire. The tamper caught when the first stroke did nothing to penetrate the post into dirt, it hit a rock.

When I lifted the tamper for a second blow, the post tilted towards me and the momentum from the downward movement of the tamper caught the post edge and the tamper hit me full force in the head, before falling to the ground. Spent all day yesterday flat on my back at home, today spending time at the same place.

Rest of project when I get back on it will be completed with me using a hard hat.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Happy Birthday mbauer-2022-head-scale.jpg   Happy Birthday mbauer-2022-tamper.jpg  
Old 05-20-2022, 02:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes!

Mike