PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Papierschnitzel's Projects

Old 02-07-2021, 05:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I don't play the game either. I was watching someone on Twitch play it and there was a scene with a structure that reminded me of the large building in the last picture of your post. The player had the character climbing up it. Did not think to get a screen capture.

Is it OK if I tweet that picture?
Old 02-07-2021, 08:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papierschnitzel View Post
Ha! I have been hearing that a lot the past days. Is there a screen shot somewhere so I can see how it looks there? I have heard from that game but didn't have the time yet to actually play it.

I am guessing that anyone designing stuff for a Viking inspired setting will get similar results. It's basically mixing the traditional Long Hall with the Stave churches. When I was doing research I saw tons of concept art pics by various artists going in this direction. I am looking forward to build pics to see if more will go for the historic (and simpler) long hall version or the fantasy "monster" build

These days I only play the games I know and only when there are updates. Mainly WOW - which my stepson lured me into - and the Anno series. My work and my better half don't allow for much game time But I am always curious how they have developed the new bits!

There is a lot of interesting material if you do an image search for 'assassin's creed valhalla'. Your A-frames are in there as well as some other buildings (and accessories)
Old 02-08-2021, 02:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
I don't play the game either. I was watching someone on Twitch play it and there was a scene with a structure that reminded me of the large building in the last picture of your post. The player had the character climbing up it. Did not think to get a screen capture.

Is it OK if I tweet that picture?

I cannot speak for the forum but I would love to see such a pic if you can get it to me any channel you find convenient!
Old 02-08-2021, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
There is a lot of interesting material if you do an image search for 'assassin's creed valhalla'. Your A-frames are in there as well as some other buildings (and accessories)

I did a quick google but only found images of castles and ruins. Will look more once I got my beta release out today
Old 02-08-2021, 05:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papierschnitzel View Post
I cannot speak for the forum but I would love to see such a pic if you can get it to me any channel you find convenient!
I meant that last picture in your post showing how you configured the large building. I want to show the gamer what your Vikings and Saxons set is capable of producing. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Google Adsense
Old 02-08-2021, 06:35 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Wonderful buildings! Your textures are first rate.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
I meant that last picture in your post showing how you configured the large building. I want to show the gamer what your Vikings and Saxons set is capable of producing. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

If you want to show my pics ... yes, sure! Go promote my upcoming set !!!
Old 02-08-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
Wonderful buildings! Your textures are first rate.
Thank you so much!
Old 02-13-2021, 08:10 AM

More progress of the Long Hall! I have finished all the roof and exterior wall parts for the core long hall set and the Viking/wood wall part of the expansions set. I have split this into two sets after realizing that I can also expand the other houses of the Norse Village Builder series! So if you only want to expand the smaller houses you can!

And because I have so many requests of people who want to start building I have decided to this time go with a "rolling release". So those who want to can get the sets on my Gumroad knowing that they are not 100% yet but can start building right away. Of course the missing things are a free upgrade once they are added!

With the exterior for the long hall core house done, I need to add the "Saxon" walls to the expansions next week. And after that I can start working on the interior!

Workload is a bit crazy this time but I love the theme and - hey - it's lockdown so what else is there to do
Attached Thumbnails
Going Norse to meet some Vikings and Saxons!-nvb3_promo3.jpg   Going Norse to meet some Vikings and Saxons!-nvb3e_promo3.jpg   Going Norse to meet some Vikings and Saxons!-dsc02682.jpg   Going Norse to meet some Vikings and Saxons!-nvb3e_samples_all.jpg