PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 11-08-2010, 08:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
Pioneer 10 1/24

Realizing that my Voyager was going to need a companion, I did this one up really fast to play around with some ideas that I had. Bear in mind that it needs some work, but the elements are essentially all there. Still needs a medium-gain antenna/tripod support for the dish.

Still massaging the thruster mounts on either side of the dish -- these are mostly for show right now.

I am happy with the RTGs. The triangular part at the end of the booms inboard of the RTGs is not prototypical. It serves as a stiffener, and may be deleted later, after I figure out how to hold the booms in shape better. The triangle makes the assembly VERY stable, though, and is hardly noticeable.

And of course, it wouldn't be complete without the "license plate", the famous plaque:

Google Adsense
Old 11-08-2010, 03:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
That's a beaut! Love the micro plaquette. Shame the Voyagers don't have one. You can see they're members of the same family. Those probes are -even though lifeless objects- heroes to me. Great job. (you as well as the probes):D