PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 12-15-2010, 11:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Hello friends! Today I built a SIVb. A very tiny one. I was wondering what to use for the gas balls. All the pearl beads I have are way too big. But suddenly I had this brilliant idea to open one of those small packs of silica balls you get with shoes, cameras and other stuff that mustn't get moist. Lots of balls inside. from microscopically small to two millimeters. I picked a couple of 1mm balls out of the heap. painted them silver. Hopefully they stick on. The front end is protected by some tarp-like cloth. When the SIVb is placed on the Cargo Lift Trailer there will be four canisters attached to the front end. (what are they for? pressurizing the tank?)

In the time inbetween the Guppy got its wheels painted and loading struts underneath the front end of the main hull.

Now I work on the protection frame for the aft part of the SIVb. That too is perhaps a bit small. I have to cut some parts to size yet, hopefully they stay on. Next is the CLT. measurements will be 10x10x37 mm. Great.

Here are some pictures to -hopefully- enjoy. Last ones are the real stuff to compare.
Attached Thumbnails
1/400 Super Guppy unloading an SIVb-sgsivb-31.jpg   1/400 Super Guppy unloading an SIVb-sgsivb-32.jpg   1/400 Super Guppy unloading an SIVb-sgsivb-34.jpg   1/400 Super Guppy unloading an SIVb-sgsivb-35.jpg   1/400 Super Guppy unloading an SIVb-sgsivb-36.jpg  

1/400 Super Guppy unloading an SIVb-sgsivb-37.jpg   1/400 Super Guppy unloading an SIVb-sgsivb-38.jpg   1/400 Super Guppy unloading an SIVb-fig343.jpg   1/400 Super Guppy unloading an SIVb-fig353.jpg  
Old 12-15-2010, 01:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 97.13 MB
Man...

I really can't say anything else.

Mike
Old 12-15-2010, 01:26 PM

Well, that's not a lot.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
Most of us use magnifying glasses or an Opti-visor for fine detail work. PK must use an electron microscope!

Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum & ex-NASA flack)
Old 12-15-2010, 01:58 PM

Close, Les. I have zoomlenses installed in my eyeballs. - To be honest, I sometimes really have trouble getting a sharp view of what I do when just using my naked eye. Especially when I get tired. I actually do use a magnifying glass for some of the details. My eyes are 40 years old and not as good as they used to be.
(but I still do not really need glasses.)
Google Adsense
Old 12-15-2010, 09:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
That's just amazing work, PK! Superb detail at such a reduced scale, incredible!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 12-16-2010, 10:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 43.01 MB
Incredibly cool work Kosmo...that S-IVB is just beautiful. Very fun thread.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:18 AM

(-: Thanks! Last night I started working on the design for the cargo lifter. I also wanted to add a tow truck to the display, because I saw a USAF Ford C-700 truck at several pictures. Unfortunately there seem to be no paper models of that truck. At least, I can't seem to find one. (Weird, when you realise the truck was produced from the late fifties to early eighties...) I meant this one:

I also saw a Mack towing the cargo lift around on some photos but I also couldn't find the right model of that type of truck. So I started to change a model I had into something not quite similar but good enough for the scale I want to make it in.
I am afraid I still have a lot of tweaking to do. It's going to be a very small truck, at most 10 mm wide but the original model for example did not have separate wheels but just incorporated in the side of the cabin. I want to give the thing a little more detail but in the end it will be just a general idea of a middle heavy tractor truck.

Coming weekend I hope to get the lot together. We'll see.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:26 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

Abso-bloody-lutely brilliant. Talk about Masterpieces in miniature Way cool
Old 12-17-2010, 09:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kosmonaut View Post
I also wanted to add a tow truck to the display, because I saw a USAF Ford C-700 truck at several pictures. Unfortunately there seem to be no paper models of that truck.

I also saw a Mack towing the cargo lift around on some photos but I also couldn't find the right model of that type of truck. So I started to change a model I had into something not quite similar but good enough for the scale I want to make it in.
I am afraid I still have a lot of tweaking to do. It's going to be a very small truck, at most 10 mm wide but the original model for example did not have separate wheels but just incorporated in the side of the cabin. I want to give the thing a little more detail but in the end it will be just a general idea of a middle heavy tractor truck.

Coming weekend I hope to get the lot together. We'll see.
Is there anything at Racepaper.com or streetpaper.com that might be usable in this regard? I saw on streetpaper.de under "LKW", then "Umwelt" a number of possible trucks that might be usable, with separate tires, and nice detail.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Jim
Google Adsense