PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 01-12-2011, 10:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron40 View Post
Michael,
You have certainly built an exceptional model. It deserves to
be considered for a P.O.T.W......Ron
I agree - Picture of the Week! What a great model! Now, what to do with it.....

Ken
Old 01-12-2011, 01:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 479.41 MB
Thank you for all your compliments, now I also slowly believe that it is a good model....
The place is near my PC in a corner (look the photo) an this is good for the moment.

I hope, that there is not so much dust in my room.....

my current projekt:
Iss - the third
Old 01-14-2011, 09:42 AM

The final product looks absolutely great! You've inspired me to get started on my 1:70 scale LUT. I'm currently looking at areas where I will make some changes. Mine will be for displaying a flying scale model of the Saturn V or Saturn 1B and will need to be beefed up a bit so I can set it up at our launch site. I also plan to add many of the missing handrails and such.

Beautiful work.

Mario
Old 01-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up Excellent

Abso-bloody-lutely brilliant workmanship and a superb finish. Now let me see.... did someone mention P.O.T.W - I will most certainly put this on my HOT LIST
Old 01-16-2011, 08:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 43.01 MB
You've built a beautiful model. I also like the Skylab stage below so that you can switch payloads.
Google Adsense
Old 01-16-2011, 02:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.99 MB
Scale looks off a tiny bit (Which is why I hate non-digital models <_______<), but either way, amazing!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:36 PM

Looks like you had some problems with the arms coming out in the wrong places on the rocket, at least the top arm where the astronauts enter. The reason I say that is because I had the same problems on my build. I had to remove several arms and relocate them after gluing them on. I palced them according to the specks on the instructions but after placing the rocket on the pad they wheren't lining up, I had about four already glued on. Mine was a 1/144 scale for the plastic Sat V model, I also had problems with the hold downs, I ended up using the hold downs from Greelt's 1/48 launch pad, I srunk them down to fit.

This monstrosity of a build was my first paper model, looking for a LUT for my plastic model was how I discovered paper modeling......what a way to start heh.

Excellent job! Have you seen the one built by George B? he took his build to the extream, I think his is a 1/48 scale and the detail is INSANE. All his piping is actual tubing and has AC and ventelation ducts.
Attached Thumbnails
LUT from Edu-Craft-sat-v-48-063.jpg   LUT from Edu-Craft-sat-v-48-052.jpg   LUT from Edu-Craft-sat-v-48-058.jpg  

Last edited by closet astronaut; 01-20-2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: addition
Old 01-21-2011, 03:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 479.41 MB
You're right the arms are a little bit hanging down....
But if you change the position, there are problems with the stairs andgangways....

Another thing I see in your fotos...the sides of your MLP are wrong!
side 1 is in front, you have there the side 3!
You have to turn at 180° the sides or the deck....than you can see the passing of the pipes from MLP and LUT.

my current projekt:
Iss - the third
Old 01-21-2011, 08:49 AM

Yea.. something went wrong when putting the sides on the box...I don't remember what, but the part was already glued on, I had by chance scanned that piece before it was applied..luckily, so I printed it off again and put it in the correct place, glued it over the incorrect part and just left the other. This was the model I cut my teeth on, I noticed you actually used the paper rolls for the tube framing, I tried but couldn't make them work, so I ended up using coffee sturrers.
There are a few other mistakes to, if you look close you will see the main center struture for the tower is turned the wrong way putting the stairs on the wrong side, I learned alot on this model, mabe one day I'll do it over. I have a 1/48 Sat V if I had the room I would build it for this model. I'll start a new thread with some photos.

Last edited by closet astronaut; 01-21-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:39 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Kamser View Post
hi mk, just admiring your LUT, looked at the pics of the hold down clamps and thought if the clamps from Greelt's model of the launch platform could be used, they are in 1:48 scale so you would have to rescale, but i think they look much better and more realistic
you can find it here The Lower Hudson Valley Paper Model E-Gift Shop at the download misc section almost at the bottom of page
It took a bit of hunting; it's under "Misc. Parts," not under the Apollo spacecraft section of the site.
Google Adsense