PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 01-26-2011, 02:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 528.35 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeVikes View Post
Jim,

That's a poser.

When I printed the parts to build my beta, I didn't have that issue.

Perhaps someone more knowledgable can help?

Sorry,

Mike
Yes, my layout increased the size ever so slightly so depending on the printer and how close to the edges your printer can print, print at 100% may get cut off.

I'm working on repairs to the pdf's as we speak.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 220.03 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to axm61
Remember guys to have your printer settings to "no scaling".
Old 01-26-2011, 03:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by axm61 View Post
Remember guys to have your printer settings to "no scaling".
Thanks, Alfonso, and I usually have that setting; in fact, that was the printer setting when I made the first print outs, but the bottom of the pages were being cut off.

I think Jon is working on this so I might have to revisit printing this out when that is done, unless I go with the set I now have....

Cheers!
Jim
Old 01-26-2011, 05:18 PM

ok,

I redid the apollo_11_all.pdf file with I believe all the corrections, should print ok now at 100% on letter size paper, all the sheets should be scaled exactly correct. The real test will be the auxillary sheet with the skylab cone on the saturn V stack.

If I can get confirmation that the apollo_11_all.pdf file is correct, I'll duplicate the procedure on the rest.

- Jon
Old 01-26-2011, 06:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Hi, Jon:

Checking the new file in the PDF reader gives me a preview suggesting that while the engine cones are just on the border this time and not cut off, the side edges of the page appear to be in the "margin" and will most likely print with those sections cut off....but I haven't actually printed it out yet, which I will do first thing tomorrow. I wish I could figure out why the document does that, that is why it automatically adds a border which omits any part of the document that falls into the margin when printing.

Let me ask this...if I use the jpg files also found on that database, and print out the jpg version in the original paper size (which seems to be 7.505 inches by 9.92 inches) would that provide me with a model in the actual designed scale of 1/480? And if I printed out the other jpg sheets in their original paper size would they also be in the correct scale? If I print the jpg files out there is no margin imposed by the software I am using, those margins show up only in the acrobat reader program, for some reason...just thinking out loud....

Cheers!
Jim

Last edited by jimkrauzlis; 01-26-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 01-26-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkrauzlis View Post
Hi, Jon:

Checking the new file in the PDF reader gives me a preview suggesting that while the engine cones are just on the border this time and not cut off, the side edges of the page appear to be in the "margin" and will most likely print with those sections cut off....but I haven't actually printed it out yet, which I will do first thing tomorrow. I wish I could figure out why the document does that, that is why it automatically adds a border which omits any part of the document that falls into the margin when printing.

Cheers!
Jim
if you could let me know what edges (top, bottom, left, right) and on what pages are cut off, I can see what I can do about squishing things towards the center. I know the lut tower gets cut off a bit, but its only the glue tab. I don't think that's worth correcting.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.91 GB
Hi, Jon:
I printed the Apollo 11 Saturn V after you made the change. Setting on my printer was: Page scale set at NONE.
Check in the box Auto-Rotate and Center.
Check in the box Choose paper Source by PDF page size
It still cuts the bottom of the page off. If it would print just about an 1/8" more everything would be on the page. I just flip the top and bottom to solved this problem most of the time. By the way it makes no difference if the Auto-Rotate and Center or Choose paper Source by PDF page size boxes are check or not. Don't know if this will help or not.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
Hi, Jon:
I printed the Apollo 11 Saturn V after you made the change. Setting on my printer was: Page scale set at NONE.
Check in the box Auto-Rotate and Center.
Check in the box Choose paper Source by PDF page size
It still cuts the bottom of the page off. If it would print just about an 1/8" more everything would be on the page. I just flip the top and bottom to solved this problem most of the time. By the way it makes no difference if the Auto-Rotate and Center or Choose paper Source by PDF page size boxes are check or not. Don't know if this will help or not.

what page number of the pdf file is cut off? if its the f1 engines that are cut off, the new file is identifiable by on page 25 (the rocket) the formers 5b and 5c are labeled on the lower right instead of above the part.

Lets make sure you have the new file and not some cached version.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.91 GB
Hi, Jon:
In both of my print outs formers 5b and 5c are labeled on the lower right and these lable are cut off from the middle down. The rocket was downloaded from your site and the page for the rocket was page 25.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:05 PM

Ok, 5b and 5c have been relocated, and the f1's as well.

- Jon
Google Adsense