PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 01-31-2011, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 97.13 MB
Jim,

Glad the build is working for you. Building that small can be a challenge. You'll get it.

Once you get the Transporter built, it's pretty obvious which way it goes. There is a little overhang on the front and back of the Mobilie Launcher, but it's pretty snug side to side.

Here's a picture to show you what I'm talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
The Apollo Historical Series-photo0271.jpg  
Old 01-31-2011, 06:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeVikes View Post
Jim,

Glad the build is working for you. Building that small can be a challenge. You'll get it.

Once you get the Transporter built, it's pretty obvious which way it goes. There is a little overhang on the front and back of the Mobilie Launcher, but it's pretty snug side to side.

Here's a picture to show you what I'm talking about.
Thank you, Mike; that picture helps a lot. And I agree...building at this small scale is, indeed, a challenge...and I love it!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 02-01-2011, 10:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.20 MB
Mike/Jon,

I just tried printing out the Saturn V sheet from apollo_11_all.pdf and noticed a couple parts (still) got cut off around the edges. Then I tried printing the sheet directly from the jpg in the apollo_vol1/Apollo 11 folder, and was surprised to find that it came out a little smaller. I compared the jpg printout to my 1:480 S-IB, also by Mike and George, and it matched almost perfectly whereas the combined pdf printout was too big. So the scaling of at least that page in the combined pdf seems suspect to me (I haven't looked at the other pages carefully)...
Old 02-02-2011, 10:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 528.35 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by iprefermuffins View Post
Mike/Jon,

I just tried printing out the Saturn V sheet from apollo_11_all.pdf and noticed a couple parts (still) got cut off around the edges. Then I tried printing the sheet directly from the jpg in the apollo_vol1/Apollo 11 folder, and was surprised to find that it came out a little smaller. I compared the jpg printout to my 1:480 S-IB, also by Mike and George, and it matched almost perfectly whereas the combined pdf printout was too big. So the scaling of at least that page in the combined pdf seems suspect to me (I haven't looked at the other pages carefully)...

I always work with the jpgs when I can for that reason. The pdf filtering makes higgley piggley out of "shrink to fit" and 100%. You just gave me an idea on how to fix it. I'm gonna have to play with it a bit.

- Jon
Old 02-02-2011, 11:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 97.13 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by iprefermuffins View Post
Mike/Jon,

Kevin,

The files I sent Jon were pretty big -- George did a lot of artwork, and unfortunately that took up a lot of space. Also, I went a little overboard with the instructions. I think there was no way Jon's ISP server could have dealt with the entire collection as a bunch of space hogs. IF I understand correctly, he had to do some things to make it a little more memory-friendly, and I'm not sure what he had to tweak. I'm confident, though, he'll get things working beautiufully.

Sorry for your issues. I have no doubt it'll be squared away quickly.

Mike
Google Adsense