PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 05-01-2011, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Talking Mercury Couch

Hi,

Ok, I have enough to build this thingy! So away we go!

Paging Mr. Closet AstronautMan, you imput will be grrrrrreatly appreciated.....to keep me goin the direction you want!

Sincerely,
MercuryMan (alias ironcladman)
Attached Thumbnails
Mercury Couch-merccouch-iso-01.jpg   Mercury Couch-merccouch-iso-02.jpg  

PS If you like ironclads checkout this site: http://www.theuniversalfoundation.com/ironclad.html
Google Adsense
Old 05-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Banned

Is this a detailed build of the couch, or are you building a detailed complete model. I ask this with all sincerity. These craft do have sections that could modeled on their own. Just wondering. Nice start either way. I have a real "hankering" for a nice Gemini model but don't want to spend money on one. If i design it, well, I am not the prolific person I wish I was. Hint Hint.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:35 PM

Talking The Details Man!

Hi,

I am juz buildin the couch for Closet_Astronaut, he is building a paper model of a Mercury capsule.

Gemini is a whole nuther beasty! I'm on it.....I will get right to it juz a soon as I get finished with all the stuff I have started.....Houston we could have a problem!

Sincerely,
BeastyMan (alias Ironcladman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Is this a detailed build of the couch, or are you building a detailed complete model. I ask this with all sincerity. These craft do have sections that could be modeled on their own. Just wondering. Nice start either way. I have a real "hankering" for a nice Gemini model but don't want to spend money on one. If i design it, well, I am not the prolific person I wish I was. Hint Hint.

PS If you like ironclads checkout this site: http://www.theuniversalfoundation.com/ironclad.html
Old 05-01-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcladman View Post
Hi,

Ok, I have enough to build this thingy! So away we go!

Paging Mr. Closet AstronautMan, you imput will be grrrrrreatly appreciated.....to keep me goin the direction you want!

Sincerely,
MercuryMan (alias ironcladman)
Thats looking great! Deffinatly looks buildable. Any help I could provide is not a problem. I also had a thouhgt, if you can get this printable and I can build it Scott aka Mercism may post it on his Spacecraftreplicas web site as part of the build files.

If you take a look at paul's aka paperair build on Zealot it may be helpful. He jacked up the size of a couch from another model, 1/24 scale of the sigma 7, I think it's one surfduke's designs. I tried to do this but couldn't get it to work, but Paul's ability is way beyond mine.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.69 GB
Very interesting, Ironcladman.
I have also the Surfduke's interior, but I have not find the clear way.
I have thinking to oversize it for the 1/14 Mercury of Delta 7 Studios.
Are you thinking to design a new interior for the Mercury?
Google Adsense
Old 05-02-2011, 12:35 PM

Talking Good Start!

Hi,

I am sure we can get it to a printable version. But first let's juz get the 3D computer model the way we want. I will post progress update pics and you let me know if they look like what you want it to look like.

Do you know if the others used GSU (Google SketchUp) to make there's? If they did it is easy to convert or resize.

Sincerely,
PrintableMan (alias Ironcladman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by closet astronaut View Post
Thats looking great! Definitely looks buildable. Any help I could provide is not a problem. I also had a thought, if you can get this printable and I can build it Scott aka Mercism may post it on his Spacecraftreplicas web site as part of the build files.

If you take a look at paul's aka paperair build on Zealot it may be helpful. He jacked up the size of a couch from another model, 1/24 scale of the sigma 7, I think it's one surfduke's designs. I tried to do this but couldn't get it to work, but Paul's ability is way beyond mine.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:48 PM

Talking Just the Couch Man!

Hi,

I am just building a couch for Closet_Astronaut. I believe there are alot of full interiors out there.

If you have an interior already and just want to resize an interior from one model to another, you can just resize on printing to get the scale you need.

Sincerely,
CouchMan (alias Ironcladman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicharrero View Post
Very interesting, Ironcladman.
I have also the Surfduke's interior, but I have not find the clear way.
I have thinking to oversize it for the 1/14 Mercury of Delta 7 Studios.
Are you thinking to design a new interior for the Mercury?

Old 05-02-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcladman View Post
Hi,

I am sure we can get it to a printable version. But first let's juz get the 3D computer model the way we want. I will post progress update pics and you let me know if they look like what you want it to look like.

Do you know if the others used GSU (Google SketchUp) to make there's? If they did it is easy to convert or resize.

Sincerely,
PrintableMan (alias Ironcladman)
As far as Paul's build he doesn't use any computer at all, he's old school, he does everything by manual drafting, the ol' slide rule, square and drafting table. He actually started building a 1/1 scale merc by using Scott's model as a basis, he jacked up the size of the parts he built by hand drafting, like I said his skill's far beyond mine.

As for surfduk's mods, I have no idea how he does his.

There doesn't need to be any color or texturing on this, if you could get the control arms drawn on this I think thats all we would need, it could go to the unfold and print stage.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:12 PM

Talking Ol' Sqewl!

Hi,

Yep, that is how I started about 50 years ago building me first models, paper, pencil, ruler, and elmers. (to poor to buy models)

I am terrible about building stuff in my mind, then juz start cuttin and pastin. Usually just takes one key piece and the rest is just filling in like a puzzle.

People always want to see how I did something, I tell them to plug into me mind.....then they look at me with the tilted head!

Now I am going back an rebuilding everything I have done in the past on computer.....and sometimes I ask meself how I did that without a computer in the first place.

Well that would be easy to just build the control arms! If you already have a base you can use. I will focus on that and get them done and will go from there.

Sincerely,
ControlMan (alias Ironcladman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by closet astronaut View Post
As far as Paul's build he doesn't use any computer at all, he's old school, he does everything by manual drafting, the ol' slide rule, square and drafting table. He actually started building a 1/1 scale merc by using Scott's model as a basis, he jacked up the size of the parts he built by hand drafting, like I said his skill's far beyond mine.

As for surfduk's mods, I have no idea how he does his.

There doesn't need to be any color or texturing on this, if you could get the control arms drawn on this I think thats all we would need, it could go to the unfold and print stage.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:44 PM

I'll be watching, and thanks