PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 06-06-2011, 12:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Wonderful detailing on the BPC, Alejandro! Fantastic!

A general question to all: how do you all print on that glossy silver stuff? My inkjet hardly shows any lines when I try printing on it.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldixon View Post
Looking good. I wish Greelt would finish up. I have built all his sections and love the model. I did the les also. But they gave up their project, too bad that was some good stuff. Looking forward to following this thread. Im a big Sat 5 fan.
Hey Mike the Sat V I built contains parts from four different designers including Greelt, Ton Noteboom, Surfduke, Frederic Bouchar. If you need any files to complete you'rs let me know.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 43.01 MB
Alejandro,

Beautiful model. Really enjoying your thread.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.23 MB
Hi you all. Thank you for you comments... 'cause of my schedule i just started working again... and boy those little cones for the reaction control thruster assembly are a pain at this scale, but there such an important part of the look of the SM I couldn't help but make em.

@Chris Knowlton: Thanks I like how the foil came out too. I'll try to post as much my time allows me.

@closet astronaut: Thanks for the pics all reference of the model is great.

@mldixon: Yes Greelt's model along with the LES were the ones that made me start this project since I wanted a fairly detailed model. I also hoped to see his complete model released, but I will have to make do with whats available. I've already started to re-arrange the parts for the f-1 engines to print on my limited supply of metallic paper since they will be a biggest and really visible metallic parts.

@Retired_for_now: Thanks yes mi wife has learned to deal with my little hobby and even though she always gives me a hard time when I start a project, she comes around once I finish them.

@Paper Kosmonaut: When it's comes to the silver paper the one I used for the service module prints really well the only problem I have with it, is the ink smudges really easily, so I spray some art sealer on it and problem fixed. When in comes to the foil what I do is print the parts on normal cardboard and the laminate those parts to the foil, then build it printed side in. The thing with this method is you end up with a really plain front side, for this what I do is print 2 or 3 of the same part and cut each detail separate (window frames, doors, panels etc.) and then paste them on the front.

@ SAustin16: Thanks a lot. Here are a couple more pics from my limited progress ...

Hope you like 'em...
Old 06-06-2011, 09:22 PM

Wow! That's some very nice work.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.64 MB
dang that is small!
Old 06-07-2011, 07:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.23 MB
Just a couple more pictures of the build so far...
I basically finished the service module just some minor paint touch ups left.
Also I started testing paper thickness for the rest of the build to see which one will suit it better.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.64 MB
i love the LES!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by closet astronaut View Post
Hey Mike the Sat V I built contains parts from four different designers including Greelt, Ton Noteboom, Surfduke, Frederic Bouchar. If you need any files to complete you'rs let me know.
Thank you for the offer Closet astronaut, I've got all those files you mentioned and I laid out the bucks for that real nice Japanesse Apollo, but it's on the back burner for now. I think Greelt has the most accurate stuff out there which is why I'd like to see him finish, but I can't complain too loudly as I have a lot of unfinished things myself
Old 06-09-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mldixon View Post

Thank you for the offer Closet astronaut, I've got all those files you mentioned and I laid out the bucks for that real nice Japanesse Apollo, but it's on the back burner for now. I think Greelt has the most accurate stuff out there which is why I'd like to see him finish, but I can't complain too loudly as I have a lot of unfinished things myself
I think Greelt's designing days are done, when I started looking for the rest of his mod the last post's I found were four years old. As for the japan SatV mod..I've seen that one and drooled over it many times, the detail on that thing is incredible, I wish it came in 1/48, I might be more apt to shell out the bucks for it.