PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 07-19-2012, 09:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kosmonaut View Post
I also would like to see a Navaho stack.. To me that is one of the weirder contraptions the Americans launched. I am not really into the weaponry class of rockets but that one is a real eye catcher. Just like the Bomarc.
There's one available in the Files section of the Space Paper Models Yahoo group. It's under "Radelow Models."

My concern with the model is that I can't for the life of me find which launch it supposedly represents, so I can't tell if the markings are accurate.

Les ("The Voice of Authority" -- coming soon)
Old 07-28-2012, 06:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.03 GB
Titan IV?

Spy satellite payloads?

Titan Gemini (I know there are others out there, bit none with the level of detail yours have at at 1/96, particularly the engines.

Saturns? Again, some nice one's out there, but none with the level of graphical detail in your other models at 1/96. Any attempt to place a 1/48th scale Saturn V w/ LUT in our current home will be viewed as an act of provocation ;-)
Old 07-28-2012, 06:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
About those Saturn V's: I once did a part of Greelt Peterusma's legendary pieces of this 48th rocket in 1/96 which was -in my opinion- very doable.
For my Wet Orbital Workshop model I did one of his J2's. It turned out great.

But since Greelt more or less disappeared from the paper model scene in person, and there is nothing but his F1, J2, S-IC, S-II and the interstages, it would be great to have an 1/48th S-IVb and Apollo spacecraft in this detailing. So, that might be something.

On the other hand I can imagine vividly that there's no fun in designing just a part of a model.

I'd like to see a well-detailed set of Arianes, too.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by markcable View Post
Here are the russian missiles I've been working on:

Any idea if and when these might be made available?

As always, looking forward to your next project!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 07-28-2012, 12:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 406.41 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkrauzlis View Post
Any idea if and when these might be made available?

As always, looking forward to your next project!

Cheers!
Jim
Yeah, I was kind of debating how to market them. Wasn't sure if I want to offer them as various sets or just one-off kits of each. Plus, I might eventually do launcher variants of some of them. The SS-3, 4 and 5 are pretty much done. The SS-7 is almost finished with the test build, but I'll need to do some revisions on it. I'm working on an SS-6 as an add-on for Tom Noteboom's Sputnik 1 launcher. Nice thing is, I can whip out one of these Russian Missiles in a couple of days. These are nice smaller projects after the big Delta.

Intrigued by the idea of doing Saturns, but I'll probably want to finish my Titans and Atlases first. Arianes are interesting, as are the Chinese launchers, but I don't have the kind of reference on the Long March series I do on my other projects.
Google Adsense
Old 07-28-2012, 03:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.03 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by markcable View Post
Yeah, I was kind of debating how to market them. Wasn't sure if I want to offer them as various sets or just one-off kits of each. Plus, I might eventually do launcher variants of some of them. The SS-3, 4 and 5 are pretty much done. The SS-7 is almost finished with the test build, but I'll need to do some revisions on it. I'm working on an SS-6 as an add-on for Tom Noteboom's Sputnik 1 launcher. Nice thing is, I can whip out one of these Russian Missiles in a couple of days. These are nice smaller projects after the big Delta.

Intrigued by the idea of doing Saturns, but I'll probably want to finish my Titans and Atlases first. Arianes are interesting, as are the Chinese launchers, but I don't have the kind of reference on the Long March series I do on my other projects.
Please do finish the Titans and Atlases first. I greatly enjoy building them and learn alot from doing so. I mention the Saturns as more of a long term project. I'd like to eventually build a really nice Saturn V w crawler & LUT, but I'm using the smaller kits to improve my skills for better results with the big, complex Saturns. I've built the Delta medium-came out very nice. Have the medium+ & the heavy and looking forward to building them as well. Working on your Atlas Centaur at the moment. used some Wausau silver paper for the shiny parts. Its kind of a grainy silver, not the nice shiny stuff like the unobtainable Red River, but it is easy to work with, looks OK and is a nice first step into metallics. Really love to try a shiny metallic for the Atlas, if i can find one.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky00 View Post
I've built the Delta medium-came out very nice. Have the medium+ & the heavy and looking forward to building them as well. Working on your Atlas Centaur at the moment. used some Wausau silver paper for the shiny parts.
Hey Sparky! Time for some pictures! Start a thread and show us what you make. I really am very curious.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:54 PM

One more from the workbench. I need to make a few small revisions to this one, but nothing really huge:

Old 08-02-2012, 07:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Love it, Mark!!

Really looking forward to seeing them available...offer them both ways, one at a time and as a group package, so we have a choice...is that doable?

Keep at it, Mate!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 08-03-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkrauzlis View Post
Love it, Mark!!

Really looking forward to seeing them available...offer them both ways, one at a time and as a group package, so we have a choice...is that doable?
Probably. Sure seems like the best was to do it to me!

-Mark
Google Adsense

Tags
icbm, peacekeeper, slbm, titan iiic, trident