PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 08-17-2014, 04:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Downloaded and printed out the instrucions, very informative. Thanks for the graet model Ken.
Billy can you plesae post the type of leds you used for thoue of use who like to add more detail than is good for us.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 319.31 MB
Greetings, and congratulations to both Ken and Billy on the completion of their master piece. I can honestly say that this is the first item I have purchase in months that did not disappoint. I am sure this will stand as the pinnacle of real space paper modeling of Apollo for some time to come. I am as impressed with the instructions as I am with the model. Incredibly effort! Billy, I echo Romanmodels question, for those of us who have never used lights before, can you give us specifics on the lEDs? Thanks to both of you, it has been a long 3 years but well worth the wait. A job well done!

Last edited by gene1772; 08-17-2014 at 07:09 AM.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
I'd love to do my version of the CM with lights, too.
It would perhaps be a good idea to make that LED build-in a piece for the download section. Otherwise it might be drowned in this thread.

On a second note: With the buildup of downloads of this kit I'd see a PASA frontpage filled with Apollo CM builds in the near future.
Would it be an idea to start a 'unithread' of the build of this thing? (We could call it "The Apollo CM assembly line") We could exchange info and tips while building.
(just an idea...)
Old 08-17-2014, 10:54 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
I will make a sort of a special instruction on the leds, It's a matter of when you incorporate it in the build, and think I have a better way then the way i did it in the thread ( keeping the battery outside of the construction)
Old 08-17-2014, 03:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Thanks Billy can you give a link to your art supplyer for the silver card as you menshion thay have a web shop.

Last edited by romanmodels; 08-17-2014 at 03:38 PM. Reason: to make better sence.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 942.12 MB
Thanks in advance Billy for your tutorial. I followed your build and your installation of the interior lights since the beginning. Now that is possible to start the endeavour, your hints will be very useful. It will be useful also a tutorial about "electronic" fundamentals. I mean a tutorial about the full circuit (batteries, resistances, leds, etc.) with the suggestion about voltage, power, luminescence and so on. I found around some calculator, but if you don't know, for example, what kind of LED is better for light up the interior of a paper model, it's difficult to derive other elements. The same for the brand and the model of the single elements, that sometime is difficult to find in our neighbourhood.
Every help you give us is welcome and useful.

Best regards and compliments again to you and Ken.
Nnado
Fat Man & Little Boy available here
Old 08-17-2014, 07:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Just bought it a few minutes ago. Now to get cracking and sharpen up the ol' shears.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Both Billy and Ken are now known on the facebook page Baseball Card Collectors and Trading~ Keep it real! Its all cardboard sooo I decided to share it in that group
Old 08-17-2014, 09:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
Thank you for your amazing work. I have been looking forward to the release date on this beauty, I will purchase it on payday (Wednesday)
Old 08-17-2014, 11:37 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
I got my copy and I can't add much to all the kudos--all very well deserved.

Ken, your X-15 has been one of my favorite models, now on display in my office at the college. I'm really looking forward to building the CM.

Billy, instructions for the LEDs will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers,
--David