PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 11-20-2011, 08:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by umtutsut View Post
I don't see any smilies to suggest this is written tongue-in-cheek, so I'll just say, remember not everyone is skilled or advanced enough to do stuff like this.
I am an average card modeller too,.. but are we able share ideas arent we?,.. I like bare bones kits too, so that way any one can expand as they like,..
can you imagine ken's astronaut being supplied with paper towels?,.. NO,... BUT, the thought was made/posted,.. and billy tried it,.. the results are great!
AND the astronaut still looks amazing without it...
at pixar they have "blue sky" meetings where no thought, or idea, is a bad one,.. "toy story" woulda never been made, if crazy ideas where never shared

smilies or no smilies its still a great forum to share ideas and admire kens extraordinary creation,.. (by the way,.. I am not upset, but want to insure that people can feel free to post such thoughts) sorry if I come across grouchy
Old 11-20-2011, 08:32 AM

BTW,..fishing wire looks great!
Old 11-20-2011, 09:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCS View Post

smilies or no smilies its still a great forum to share ideas and admire kens extraordinary creation,.. (by the way,.. I am not upset, but want to insure that people can feel free to post such thoughts) sorry if I come across grouchy
Nope, don't get that impression at all. And although I consider myself "average," I add extras to my models all the time, e.g., my 1/96 Sea Launch Zenit that I posted on the board yesterday.

My point was simply that LED lighting and such is kind of a step beyond what I -- and I suspect many of us here on this board -- would attempt. I'll almost certainly put all the switches and wire guards in...but should Ken include laser-cut parts as standard in the kit, and boost the cost thereof? I say no, but clearly others may disagree. It's ultimately Ken's call.

Again, just my .02 zlotys.

Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum & ex-NASA flack)
Old 11-20-2011, 11:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Thumbs up

This is just an amazing build and build thread, and it is great to have the ability to input in the design suggestions as this build is in progress...you never know what someone might come up with that would add to the overall project.

The solution you provided on the finger guards looks simple in execution yet superb in final effect, just the sort of thing this type of thread is great for...sure beats cutting out dozens of paper guards or buying expensive add-ons!

There is always someone who might want to add some further details to the kit for their own challenge and enjoyment, such as adding lights, etc., and I would love to see how that comes out, but I rather doubt that could be expected to be part of the basic kit as that is rather complex...however, I have seen leds used on other builds, using a few lights, and the effect is spectacular!

This model has already exceeded anything I have ever seen on this particular subject, in any medium, and I am really quite excited to see how this build project progresses. As a lover of details, I think this is really an amazing design and build and can't wait to see more!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 11-20-2011, 02:06 PM

i agree,.. I find myself not wanting buying extra add-ons,.. unless its a paper add on from the same designer on the same link etc,..so i agree too,.. I work as an art director in my office so I have the tendency to say "what if.." to any giving design,.. and with the brilliance of this project and scale of it,.. my mind was going crazy with ideas (of which I admit I may never add because i have "modellers ADHD" and burn myself out too quickly on a project LOL)
Google Adsense
Old 11-20-2011, 03:53 PM

Here is the right hand lower equipment bay. I is used mostly for waste storage. The fuse panel is on the inside wall (toward tunnel).

Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Apollo command module - 1:12-pt1-001.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-pt1-002.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-pt1-003.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-pt1-004.jpg  
Old 11-20-2011, 03:56 PM

Continuing with the main console build up.... The first picture shows the 3 shingles that make the panel. I have added more detail - but more to come.

The last picture shows the instrument panel loosely laying in place.
Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Apollo command module - 1:12-pt1-005.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-pt1-006.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-pt1-007.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-pt1-008.jpg  
Old 11-20-2011, 04:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 20.88 MB
Hey Ken, Nice work but watch the Gimble Lock

John
Old 11-21-2011, 01:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 343.62 MB
Excellent build. Now all we need is a comparison model of Gemini in 1/12 scale as well. Where's Lancer525? He was thinking of one a few years ago. I rummaged thru some old drawings I did in '83, and guess what - they were done in that scale! Look for a new thread in the next few weeks.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:15 AM

Good discussion on the possibilities for the add-ons. I think I will add 2 or 3 options for the finger guards in the kit, and leave the decision up to the builder.

I have one more idea to try out for the finger guards..... I think you will find it easier and less time consuming. Stay tuned for that.

4 day weekend coming up, so come back often.

Ken