PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 05-05-2013, 05:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.leliveld View Post
I'm still at the bottom, and working my way round the AFT-compartement
Fitting is great , details are excellent
that 1:12 scale is so nice, but now I start to realize what Ken has been up against .I think I found something usable for the fingerguards on the main panel, but I'll have to try it out first,
and boy, I can imagine how it will look with the escape tower...
Looking good Billy!
Old 05-05-2013, 05:06 PM

Tonight, I will be posting pictures of the Escape Rocket attached to the BPS. Just need to let the battery charge.

Ken
Old 05-05-2013, 07:50 PM

The weekend is over, and alot of progress was made. I got most of the LES finished. Only the top cone is left to do.

Enjoy the pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Apollo command module - 1:12-cm10-005.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm10-006.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm10-008.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm10-009.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm10-010.jpg  

Apollo command module - 1:12-cm10-011.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm10-012.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm10-013.jpg  
Old 05-05-2013, 07:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Ken, That is SOOOO cool looking! how tall will it be when you get finished?....Rich
Old 05-05-2013, 09:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Ken:I cant wait to sink my teeth into this kit.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
great work ken you are desining a stuner off a model.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:25 AM

My word, this is epic. I was thinking of not building it, because I don't know if I have the steam to complete something so complex. Then I saw the escape tower and cover, and knew this would make a stunning display, perhaps to donate to a local museum. I am even thinking of cutting my teeth at designing by making a simple Service Module. I am definitely saving my remaining Red River paper for this!
Ken, had a suggestion: to avoid the black outline of the white parts, perhaps make an option of printing a mirror-image, that way you could cut out the parts on the line, then turn them over so only virgin white shows.
BTW, how many pages is this likely to be? Wondering if I should make a bulk purchase of card and ink .
Old 05-06-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfadoc View Post
My word, this is epic. I was thinking of not building it, because I don't know if I have the steam to complete something so complex. Then I saw the escape tower and cover, and knew this would make a stunning display, perhaps to donate to a local museum. I am even thinking of cutting my teeth at designing by making a simple Service Module. I am definitely saving my remaining Red River paper for this!
Ken, had a suggestion: to avoid the black outline of the white parts, perhaps make an option of printing a mirror-image, that way you could cut out the parts on the line, then turn them over so only virgin white shows.
BTW, how many pages is this likely to be? Wondering if I should make a bulk purchase of card and ink .
I wouldn't worry about the ability to build this. As I worked my way through the project, I always kept the end-builder in mind. I guess that is engrained in my head from many years working in automotive design. The guy on the assembly line has to be able to place the parts perfectly with one eye shut, and would have to intentionally put something on wrong.

The kit is designed in 20 sections; each one like a separate model in itself. I use PLENTY of illustrations, and for the Apollo CM, I am including actual photos of the model. If you were successful at building any of my other kits, then the Apollo CM will not be a problem. The only real difference is the number of parts, and the time to build it. But definitely worth it since there are really no alternatives yet in this scale or detail.

I haven't done a part count yet, but count on at least 200 sheets of 8.5 x 11. That would include the instruction sheets too. Not much ink to use either.

Ken
Old 05-06-2013, 02:13 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
I totaly agree. Ken's models are easy to build, because the fitting is just great, the worst kits are the ones that don't fit and need a lot of trimming and adjusting , the sheer number of parts just needs a little persistence , and not going for the fast result, but hey ,thats what paper-modeling is about
Old 05-06-2013, 03:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlwest View Post
I haven't done a part count yet, but count on at least 200 sheets of 8.5 x 11. That would include the instruction sheets too. Not much ink to use either.

Ken
I think I'll reduce it to 1/24, then I'll only need 100 pages.

Oh...wait....

Les (The Voice of Authority)