PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 03-08-2022, 08:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.42 MB
aansorge,

I tried that paper. The toner did not stick well. I have sidelined the foil paper for now. I want to keep this project moving forward.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:15 PM

Quest Airlock

I am finishing the Quest airlock. I laminated a coffee filter on the areas that represent the thermal blankets. You have to be up close to see this detail. It slows progress but looks good. I really like how the O2 tanks have turned out.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-img_2086.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-img_2087.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-img_2088.jpg  
Old 03-10-2022, 04:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 143.70 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk3y3 View Post
aansorge,

I tried that paper. The toner did not stick well. I have sidelined the foil paper for now. I want to keep this project moving forward.

That is very disappointing that the toner did not stick. I'll try some experiments with laser settings and inkjet, but won't get my hopes too high.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 124.58 MB
Metallic look

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk3y3 View Post
aansorge,

Alfonso did something with metallic paper and transparent sticker foil for his B4 launcher that looked REAL good. It might be something to try:

SpaceX Starship – AXM Paper Space Scale Models.com

https://axmpaperspacescalemodels.com...cker_guide.pdf
Old 05-11-2022, 06:40 PM

Z1 Truss Assembly

Making progress on the ISS build #2. Completed the Z1 truss assembly today. This is the third time I have built this module. I robbed the center from build #2. The antenna is mounted with two magnets and is easily removed. I did not go too detailed on this module as it will be mostly hidden behind the main truss assembly. I did layer some of the surface detail for added interest.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-z1-top.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-z1-2.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-z1-3.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-z1-4.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-z1-front.jpg  

Last edited by hawk3y3; 05-11-2022 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-11-2022, 06:42 PM

Assembled ISS Modules

All modules assembled with magnets. I used 15x3 mm magnets to attached modules to each other. I used heavy duty hook magnets to attach modules to the overhead support system.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-iss-assembled.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-iss-assembled-2.jpg  
Old 05-11-2022, 06:51 PM

Leonardo Module

I assembled the Leonardo Module. In error, I attached the end caps incorrectly. They should be swapped. Aside from that error, I am happy with the appearance of the module. I layered the vertical supports for added depth and am happy with the detail. Leonardo is attached to Unity via two 15x3 mm magnets glued inside module connectors. Very strong bond.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-leonardo-1.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-leonardo-2.jpg  
Old 05-11-2022, 06:58 PM

Tranquility Module

Completed the Tranquility Module and Cupola. I added some generic interior detail in case you catch a glimpse inside from the large Cupola windows. The Cupola will be glued on after I am ready to mount the ISS to the support structure. Some minor exterior detail added. The main focus was on the Cupola.

Magnets were glued to the inside of the module to allow for the fixture of the ammonia umbilical lines between Tranquility and Unity.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-tranquility-1.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-tranquility-2.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-tranquility-3.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-tranquility-4.jpg  
Old 05-11-2022, 07:11 PM

Quest Air Lock

Completed Quest Air Lock and external pallet. Very happy with the results.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-quest-1.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-quest-2.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-quest-3.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-quest-4.jpg  
Old 05-11-2022, 07:11 PM

External Pallet for Quest Module

The external pallet is attached with magnets to allow for easy handling. I did however drop the pallet getting the module down for pictures. I will rebuild the pallet and re-use most of the stores and mount from the original.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-external-pallet-1.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-external-pallet-2.jpg