PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 07-21-2022, 07:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.42 MB
Russian Zarya Module

I have a few details to add to the European modules of the ISS, but I wanted to keep the build moving. I started the Zarya module. This is a beautiful kit. I preformed the components by spraying the printed parts with clear acrylic lacquer. When dry, I moistened the back of the print with water and taped it around a spray can to dry. This matched the required radius perfectly.

Not sure if the 4 long raised parts of the Zarya are for cooling, but to add texture and interest, I covered the top with Scott's paper towel that was sprayed with clear acrylic lacquer. I also added raised hand holds and other details. Difficult so see in person, but up close, you can see many of the surface details are raised. I have a few more details to add like the cooling lines and the antenna and optical position indicators.

The Russian section of the ISS will be similar in construction to the European section. My plan is to use a section of 5/8" wooden dowel to connect the major components. Any addition modules will be attached via magnets imbedded at the attachment points during the build. This worked well on the European section.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-zarya-1.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-zarya-2.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-zarya-3.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-zarya-4.jpg  
Old 08-03-2022, 02:13 PM

Russian Zvezda Module

Almost completed the Zvezda module. I need to add a few more details and the solar panels. Mounted with a 5/8" wooden dowel inside to provide better alignment and rigidity. I added many layers to the existing detail. Difficult to see unless you are close. I am happy with the addition to my ISS model.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-zvezda-1.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-zvezda-2.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-zvezda-3.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-zvezda-4.jpg  
Old 08-03-2022, 02:22 PM

Russian Zvezda Module

A lot of detail was added on the back of Zvezda. A true shame since it is so close to the wall and will likely not be seen. The antenna is attached via a small magnet. This allows for the antenna to be removed if the model is repositioned.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-zvezda-5.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-zvezda-6.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-iss-bottom.jpg  
Old 08-06-2022, 02:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Amazing work! (And yeah, folks may not see the antenna, but you know it’s there….)
Old 08-07-2022, 07:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
I fully agree with David!

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)
Old 08-13-2022, 09:15 AM

Russian Rassvet Module

Completed the Rassvet Module. I had built this before. This example was much better in detail and build quality. I used staples for the handrails. For the longer handrails, I used floral wire. This worked well. I need to add one more target to the bottom of the module. This was lost during the build and only noticed after I had cleaned the shop. I also need to add a docking target to the docking area of the Zarya module. Overall, I am very happy with the new addition.

I need to revisit some of the other modules and add the missing details.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-rassvet-1.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-rassvet-2.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-rassvet-3.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-rassvet-4.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-rassvet-5.jpg  

Old 08-20-2022, 08:38 AM

PIRS/POISK Module

Completed the PIRS/POISK module. I had a difficult time getting all the rings to align. My solution was to use my vinyl cutter to cut disks from 120 lb cardstock. I inserted the disks into each end of the rings to ensure they were perfectly circular. Then, I glued each ring together using the disk as a glue surface. This worked extremely well. I have a few more details to add before I can call this module complete. I am happy with the result. I am not excited about building another one, but I need the docking module for the ISS.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-pirs-1.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-pirs-2.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-pirs-3.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-pirs-4.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-pirs-5.jpg  

Old 09-03-2022, 08:44 AM

PIRS Module

Completed the PIRS module. I am happy this one is done, although it turned out a little better than than the POISK module. Using rings cut from 120 lb cardstock on the Cameo makes this task much easier and cleaner. I still need to add the final details. Next on the list is the Strela Arms. They will be attached to the PIRS module with magnets. I embedded magnets on the inside of the PIRS module to accommodate the addition of the Strela Arms. Started work on them. I don't know how the 1:100 scale modelers do the detail work.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-pirs-1.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-pirs-2.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-pirs-3.jpg  
Old 09-15-2022, 09:20 PM

Adding Details

Not a lot of work on the ISS. I have added the debris panels to the Zvezda module. I also added handrails to the covers on the PIRS/POISK module.

I am currently working on the Strelas arms for the PIRS/POISK module.

Next detail I want to complete is the solar panels for the Zvezda and Zarya modules.

Then it is on to the truss assembly. Or a Soyuz or Progress vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-debris-panels.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-hand-rails.jpg  
Old 11-25-2022, 03:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 479.41 MB
I'm waiting for the Nauka Module.... Hallo Alfonso, when it will come?

my current projekt:
Iss - the third