PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 06-06-2009, 09:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Since my last posting, I redid Destiny, Quest, and the S0 truss. I added some 1/8" Evergreen styrene I-beam strip for the truss rail on which the MSS rides and some C-channel to the MTS. The styrene is attached with instant Krazy glue. I know it's not to scale, but it solves two problems: 1. the MSS won't fall off due to the weight of the robot arm, and 2. the MSS can be positioned anywhere along the rail.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-100_1715.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-100_1716.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-100_1717.jpg  

Currently working on: ISS
Old 06-07-2009, 08:33 PM

Zarya Solar Panels Folded

I attempted to fold the solar panels for Zarya as they've been since STS-120. Not perfect, but good enough. I'm using Raimondo Fortezza's model from MARS Center and photos from the NASA. gov website.
For the other side, I'll try to remember to take step-by-step photos.
I'll use some CA on the "scissors" parts to try to keep it all firm and steady.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-100_1718.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-100_1719.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-100_1720.jpg  

Old 06-14-2009, 12:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
Building again.

This has taken a while since my last post, I seem to be having builders block, or something. Anyway 2 photos of where my Alfonso Iss 1/144 build is.

I didn't like the card sides for the radiator's, so I have used 1mm brass rod from my local model store. They are a bit heavier than card but seem to hold the shape of the radiator better.

Hopefully, now that I've nearly passed my driving instructors exams (only part 3 test left), I'll get back to building again.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-dscf0031.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-dscf0032.jpg  
Old 06-15-2009, 04:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.64 MB
lee you should paint that rail grey
Old 06-15-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obwand10 View Post
lee you should paint that rail grey
I will, eventually. I just wanted to make sure the plastic strip would stay on paper. It seems to be. We'll see when I have the MBS and SSRMS done adding their weight to the equation. That's when the original started falling off.

Google Adsense
Old 06-21-2009, 02:15 PM

I've been in touch with spaceboy7441, he's been working with Alfonso on the payloads. They are hopefully going to have a release tonight or tomorrow and they will be posting on here. Looking forward to this one.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:10 PM

Ok just got registered here.
Well to start first, Paul I am very sorry for your mistake but you miss understood me. There will NOT be a release tonight or tomorrow. Will fill you in as why later. I meant an update as in how things are going and everything you see below. Now first this is a long post because there is a lot to get straight. Sorry for this but I was just informed today about the problems over at Zealot. I will be emailing Alfonso tonight to get it straight but I am thinking that all updates will come from here now and the website of course. Well you guys that have been off Zealot for a while have missed a couple updates. I am going to copy the post to here so you get the full update.

First update as of 6-10-09

Hello everyone,

I would like to start out telling you that Alfonso has Officially made me part of his team. I am his BETA tester. I am honored to be part of his team. Over the last month and a little longer we have been working on a GREAT model for STS-125. We have both been busy with personal life and hope you understand the long wait for the next model. But I think you will all be VERY impressed with the STS-125 model. I am attaching two preview pictures of the coming model. The first one is of the very nice looking ORUC, the second one is of the very nice SLIC. Hope you enjoy them.

Second Update on 6-19-09

Hello everyone.
The AXM team does apologize for not having a release last weekend. I got VERY busy with the STS-127 mission so now that that has slowed down I hope to be able to finish it very soon. Alfonso and I do have a surprise to come with the STS-125 model so I am sorry to say that the model will not be released this weekend. But I do hope you will all understand and I think you all will be very happy with the final result.

Now here is an update as of today.
I am sorry to inform you that it could be a while for the release as I am taking the pictures for the manual and have not quite finished the payload yet.(Pretty tough one) And I am leaving Wednesday or Thursday and wont be back till around July 6th. I hope you understand but that is not for sure. If I can get almost all the rest of the payload done tonight and Alfonso finishes the surprise by like Tuesday than it could be released next weekend but this is all planning. I am going to try to figure it out tomorrow when he gets back from his weekend trip. I will let you know. I hope you all understand that I and Alfonso have other stuff durring the day so we try to do it at nights. I am out for summer break so that is giving me a lot more time. Let me know of any questions you have.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-img_5286.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-img_5281.jpg  
Old 06-21-2009, 11:29 PM

Sorry, I misread your message. It's great to see you here. And I'm looking forward to more release's. 125's payload look good.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:24 AM

you can try looking here to Welcome to AXM Paper Space Scale Models
Old 06-22-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhbell View Post
Sorry, I misread your message. It's great to see you here. And I'm looking forward to more release's. 125's payload look good.
That is perfectly fine. That is why I corrected you. And don't worry, the AXM team still plans to build all mission payloads but are going to do STS-125 then return to the ISS and after that will finish the remaining payloads.
SSM-2007:http://space-shuttle-mission.com
Google Adsense