PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 01-19-2013, 06:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 220.03 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to axm61
To Seascape,
Combo #2 is being updated with payloads that came from all the HTV vehicles. I'm doing this in order to have all the ISS elements together in one file. In the future, for any updates, combos 2 and 3 will be updated with new elements. Combo 1 will not be updated because that's the file that has all the non-free ISS parts and I am not planning to sell any new ISS parts in the future.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 479.41 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by axm61 View Post
There's one important thing about how you aligned Rassvet with Soyuz. You need to center Soyuz's periscope with Rassvet's black docking target.
Yes, I will do this, when I will complete the station

Quote:
I also forgot to mention that Rassvet's airlock and radiator are not glued to Rassvet. These have been designed to be put on top as piggy back elements thanks to small tongues or tabs I made. The manual will clarify this detail.
This I was thinking, but too late...
Exactly this was the problem, where I missed the manual...
But I have glueed only with little points, I can separate it any time..(I hope).
For now is this no problem, before the (real) Nauka comes, still takes a long time

my current projekt:
Iss - the third
Old 01-19-2013, 11:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
Quote:
To Seascape,
Combo #2 is being updated with payloads that came from all the HTV vehicles. I'm doing this in order to have all the ISS elements together in one file. In the future, for any updates, combos 2 and 3 will be updated with new elements. Combo 1 will not be updated because that's the file that has all the non-free ISS parts and I am not planning to sell any new ISS parts in the future.
Thanks, so I need to wait until Combo #2 is updated and the manuals are all available.

Fred
Old 01-19-2013, 01:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
This is great, Alfonso!

Not only you created the ISS model, now you are making it much easier for all!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.64 MB
It's been, how long since I've done anything on this?? Life's gotten in the way, but now I can finally get back to this. I've started the POISK module (bit random), and it's a lot better than my first try.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-photo.jpg  

Last edited by obwand10; 01-19-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.64 MB
Manuals for Dextre and Rassvet released!! Thanks!!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
Quote:
To Seascape,
Combo #2 is being updated with payloads that came from all the HTV vehicles.
Just a thought, Alfonso: Could you perhaps list here all the file names of the latest downloads needed for the complete 1/100 ISS? I've downloaded the big file, plus update after update, and I'm just not sure I have everything right. Maybe others are in the same boat....er, spacecraft.

Les (The Voice of Authority)
Old 01-25-2013, 08:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 220.03 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to axm61
Hi Les,

All the files needed to build the 1:100 AXM ISS model in it's current configuration are located in combos 1, 2 and 3. I've tried to put everything in these 3 combos, so people don't have to wonder where else to go to find missing parts.
Remember that the real ISS was built piece by piece thanks to the Space Shuttle, but there are also other parts or external payloads that were brought by visiting vehicles like the japanese HTV. And so far, there have been 3 HTV cargo flights.
So the latest additions are actually those external parts found on HTV-1, HTV-2 and HTV-3.
If you check combo #2, you'll find these parts.
An example: Look what happened on ELC-4. If you buy combo #1, you'll notice that the ELC-4 has only a spare radiator on one side and nothing else on the other side. If you check ISS page #2, there is a link that shows the current configuration for ELC-4 showing several other small parts. These parts are from HTV-2 and from STS-135, parts you can find in Combo #2

So, it is important to check the ISS page #2. On this page, I am putting all the updates made to the ISS. It tells you what you have to add to make it current as the real ISS is configured today.
For example, you'll notice that a spare radiator on the Port side of the truss has been deployed. Why? Because of the latest US EVA activity performed last October. That part by the way is included in Combo 1.

Another example, the relocation of the Strela arms. You already have the Strelas, but you will need to move them around and put them on a different location on the station to make it a par as the real ISS.

In the coming days I will put several photos that will show how the ISS looks like in its current configuration.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
Just noticed that all the manuals have now been posted for Combo #1.

Thanks Alfonso.

Fred
Old 01-26-2013, 11:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 79.29 MB
In preparation for my next build I have printed out all of Alfonso's AXM ISS combo 1,2 & 3
(including 1:100 Atlantis shuttle / 1 x HTV / 1 x ATV / 1 x Space X Dragon /
2 x Soyuz and 1 x Progress....)

only took 130 pages and 1 1/2 black & colour ink cartridges....

Wayne
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-img_4080.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-img_4085.jpg