PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 08-16-2008, 03:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 155.43 MB
Hi to all!!!

sir Alfonso finally releases the Canadian SSRMS on his STS-100 payload!!!

Old 08-25-2008, 01:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I have downloaded several of the STS files (and the boosters, tank, and pad for each) - I am just starting the build of my first one now. The work is PHENOMINAL! Thank you for sharing it. I will be buying every one of the payloads you have as I get to those particular missions. Thank you again for your skills and expertise - I'll be sharing your site with many of my model building friends.

Thanks
PR Harbin
Old 09-04-2008, 09:47 PM

Just saw this online in case anyone's interested: NASA Solicitation: Scale Models on International Space Station With Logistic Vehicles | Commercial Space News
NASA is looking for 20 ISS models in 1:100 scale. Unfortunately they want plastic, resin, or metal and the modules have to have standard connections and be releasable in order to reconfigure in case there is a change to the configuration of the real ISS. The 4 models they purchased in the past (probably incomplete and not reconfigutrable) went for an average of $2,500 each. It doesn't sound like much when you have to consider materials, latch mechanisms, and tooling (molds, milling processes, & artwork).

Currently working on: ISS
Old 09-05-2008, 05:47 AM

Thanks sir lee for the info!!!

hmmm... sad to learn that they didn't consider card as a material... oh well...

anyway, sir Alfonso rerseased another crucial STS mission payload:

if you have watched NGC's "Rocket Men of Mission 105", then this payload file is the one you can use to re-enact it!

the STS-105 payload

Old 11-26-2008, 07:21 AM

Hey guys, sorry for the long absence...

anyway, the S-0 truss will be out soon, but for the meantime, here's a recent release!

sir Alfonso was quick, he released the STS-126 payload as soon as the real flight was launched!!!

Oh and this is a free payload!!!

get it NOW!!!
Google Adsense
Old 11-26-2008, 09:09 PM

I can hardly wait for the S0 truss. I tried doing one myself, but had severe delamination problems. I need to find a better source for 1mm cardboard. I thought I'd try balsa stock, but real life happened before I got too far. It's hard to do any kind of modeling when the TSA won't let you carry your Xacto knife in your carry-on luggage.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:57 PM

Sir Alfonso says the S0 Truss is due out tomorrow, as soon as he completes the instruction manual. After P6 and S0, the rest of the truss assemblies ought to be relatively quick. The same basic shapes are used throughout. Also, the port and starboard sides appear to nearly mirror each other. Now, how about PIRS and the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer?

Old 12-03-2008, 03:19 AM

Hi there!!! You beat me here sir!!! hehe!!!

Yup, according to him, the trusses will be relatively quicker to release after S-0, but still, we should give him some space, he's also busy on his very important commitments like family and work (actually, with an output like his, its just unbelievable... in a believable kind of way... )

Pirs will be released with Zarya and Zvezda as a package file, and as of the moment, sir Alfonso is working on a visible detail on Zvezda so we just need to wait for a bit

The AMS will be available for sure, no doubt, since the real thing was, according to NSF news and bills passed from the US congress stated that the shuttle program should be allowed at least one more flight to toss this critical physics experiment package to the facility...
Old 12-03-2008, 07:42 PM

I wasn't trying to push. I too am amazed with Alfonso's prolific output and level of detail. I was just commenting that the remaining truss assemblies should be easier to design since most of the basic shapes involved are already there in S0 and P6. PIRS has much in common with the SOYUZ and ZVEZDA spacecraft, which are available on the MARS Center website. Perhaps some enterprising individual could work with or contact Dr Fortezza for permission to leverage his existing designed models into PIRS.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee4752 View Post
I wasn't trying to push. I too am amazed with Alfonso's prolific output and level of detail. I was just commenting that the remaining truss assemblies should be easier to design since most of the basic shapes involved are already there in S0 and P6.
My apologies for my misleading statement...

For Pirs, the Soyuz idea seems to be the closest (at least for me) since the module was bolted to a Soyuz service module when it was flown to the station... and it appears to be just a bit bigger compared to the Soyuz reentry and orbital modules...

Once sir Alfonso's S-0 is released I'm gonna build it asap, along with the other modules, but I won't install them just yet, not until Pirs comes online (I'll keep the assembly sequence on mine to follow the real ISS :D )
Google Adsense