PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 06-29-2012, 02:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 155.43 MB
Lightbulb 1/100 International Space Station

Hi to all

I want to apologize first to everyone for my long absence... my job and my life have really gotten in the way of this... and no matter how much I wanted to continue it during the past years, something's holding me back, whether its the outside world, or even myself...

4 years have passed since I last updated this... and though the model has become a bit worse for wear, its still great to go...

But this time, I'm not going to make it (and everyone here) wait for updates any longer...

http://hcben.multiply.com/photos/album/4/1100-scale-International-Space-Station-in-progress-album

My multiply page is where you can see every part of this project, from the beginning way back 2003 until I updated it to post STS-100 last 2008...

And this is where it stands now...

The model now represents the STS-104 Configuration, with Atlantis bringing up Quest and its associated gear. I'll install the airlock on the coming days, but for the meantime, it will temporarily remain on Atlantis' payload bay.
Google Adsense
Old 06-29-2012, 03:05 AM

I also built a "new" stand for it, to give it clearance to accommodate the Shuttle. The stand will also "grow" as I add more stuff on the ISS later.

If you can see from the images, the Shuttle is also resting on a "cradle", but that's just to support its weight. It is still attached to PMA 2, but only via a rolled piece of card strip. it is only meant to secure the Shuttle in place, while the cradle bears all of its mass...

I've also added sir Alfonso's Strela cranes in place. From the NASA in-orbit images, the Strelas are mounted on PMA 1 until Pirs arrived. But I can only pinpoint 1... the second Strela is a bit of a mystery... but rather that make my eyes go red trying to find it, I just mounted these two together...

(they are just stuck by low-tac paper masking tape... easy to come off, but strong enough to hold them in place)

The Russian segment, by far, shows how much the model has aged... lots of faded colors all over the place... but I will re-skin both modules to restore their looks and to add more strength to their structure... other parts of the station will receive the same treatment

Last edited by Hans Christian; 06-29-2012 at 03:16 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:16 AM

Atlantis received much of the restoration work I made. I re-skinned it again to give it a fresher look, as well as to update and correct marking errors.

The payload bay doors are working BTW (like the RMS and the Ku-Band antenna), I made small hinges for those.

and here's the STS-104 payload. everything you see here (except for the built-in default hardware) are just temporarily mounted on the payload bay by means of low-tac paper masking tape (same as on the Strelas), as I want to use the Shuttle to bring up the pieces of the ISS.

Discovery and Endeavour are in my workbench right now, and will receive the exact same treatment.

Last shots for now, coming up is the installation of Quest...

thanks for looking guys, sorry again it took soooooooo long
Old 06-29-2012, 07:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
wow!,.. that is an incredible masterpiece!,.. great job on finishing it!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 220.03 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to axm61
Hi Hans,

Great to "see you" again with this new thread. Hans, regarding the strelas, PIRS brought the second strela.
Before PIRS arrived, Strela 1 and the ORU crane were placed at PMA-1. Perhaps this is the "mistery" you are talking about.
When PIRS was attached to ISS, then Strela 1 was put onto PIRS.
Google Adsense
Old 06-29-2012, 08:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.64 MB
I'm still amazed at the solar panels. MIND BLOWING
Old 06-29-2012, 09:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
Hey Hans, good to see you here. Have to agree with Mohammed Aly, those solar panels are amazing, nice and straight.

Regarding the cranes, I think they are both on MRM2/POISK now.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCS View Post
wow!,.. that is an incredible masterpiece!,.. great job on finishing it!
thank you! its still not done yet, despite how it appears... still have lots to add to get to the current setup, but I'll get it there, this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by axm61 View Post
Hi Hans,

Great to "see you" again with this new thread. Hans, regarding the strelas, PIRS brought the second strela.
Before PIRS arrived, Strela 1 and the ORU crane were placed at PMA-1. Perhaps this is the "mystery" you are talking about.
When PIRS was attached to ISS, then Strela 1 was put onto PIRS.
Sir Alfonso!

Thank you very much sir! You have read this for so many times, but I will say it again... I won't have gone this far without you.... but this time, I'll build it all the way to its completion...

So that's why I can't find Strela 2... thank you sir for that crucial info! I have removed it temporarily from PMA 1 as a result, only Strela 1 remains on the model... but it will go back there with Pirs soon

And by the way sir, Quest will be (officialy) the last piece from Dr. Fortezza's ISS that will be added... After 104, its gonna be from your collection sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by obwand10 View Post
I'm still amazed at the solar panels. MIND BLOWING
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhbell View Post
Hey Hans, good to see you here. Have to agree with Mohammed Aly, those solar panels are amazing, nice and straight.

Regarding the cranes, I think they are both on MRM2/POISK now.
Maly & sir Paul - thank you very much guys!

please wait till I get to STS-115, and I will do a tutorial on how to make those PVAs straight... its easier than it appears
Old 06-29-2012, 11:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 50.69 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Christian View Post
please wait till I get to STS-115, and I will do a tutorial on how to make those PVAs straight... its easier than it appears
I can't wait for this tutorial. This is one of the things that keeps me from building an ISS. I just know my panels are gonna saaaaaag...
Last Build - 1:48 F1 Engine
Current Build - Mammoth Tank (Scale unknown)
Next Build - P-3 Orion (VQ-1 livery)
Old 06-29-2012, 02:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.81 MB
yeah GREAT job, beautiful station

canīt wait for tutorial, too!!
Google Adsense