PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 09-27-2013, 04:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.42 MB
HEY ALL,

So my latest order of light have arrived, and it's on with the caution light construction.

Photo #1, Altho kinda hard to see here, I have the first three lamps wired to the simulation board. The sequence test is awesome! I'll post the video as soon as I lurn how to export it to this thread.

Photo #2, Here, I just took a quick shot of the light bundles. It takes three lamps to make a single caution light.

Photo #3, The caution lights go into mass produtcion. I am building only six lights at a time. this keeps my overhead down for a single paycheck and also gives me time to keep my pace of construction somewhat slowed, just so I don't run out of materials so fast.

I would like to thank Thorst, THANKS. He gave me a great idea that helped alot with the construction of the caution lights. I hope to get a really close up photo of the construction for all, but the idea he gave me was to cut a sort of triangle piece of brass that would then be soldered to the top of the lamps for the common ground.

Well what I did was to modify this idea even more. You can barely see in photo #2, that I cut very small pieces of 0.03 styrene strips and glued to the back of the lamps. This was used to keep the backs of the lamps from touching each other when I assembled the three lamps into a single caution light. I believe that this was my major problem in times past, where the slightest touch to each other would instanly ground out the lamps.

Photo #3, This idea worked out great. I can now get the lamps to rest right next to each other and no grounding problems. Then I use a triangle piece of stryene to use as a spacer on the top to hold the three lamps in the triangle configuration for the common soldering. Works great!! Problem solved!!

I now have a rotating caution light. Actualy I have six of them, under construction at this time. I hope to take a video of the effect this evening and will post presently.

Thats it for now. Thanks for watching.
Attached Thumbnails
Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_0871.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_0877.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_0878.jpg  
Old 09-28-2013, 12:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hey Rich,

great progress with the caution light construction, so you've solved all problems now and the sun is shining again in Olympia.

Keep up your amazing build, well done so far.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)
Old 09-28-2013, 03:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 479.41 MB
What's to say?
I can only repeat Manfred's words...really fantastic!

my current projekt:
Iss - the third
Old 09-28-2013, 03:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.44 MB
Rich,

that's really amazing that you could find a way to go into mass production with the lights! And I'm glad that I could help a littly bit.
Keep on the great work!

Thorsten
Old 09-28-2013, 07:41 AM

MANRED,

Thanks for the continued support! It's nice to know I can count on you guys for the support I need.

BTW, this is the rainy season here in Olympia, no sunshine unitll next April (LOL). Just kidding.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:44 AM

MICHAEL,

Thanks for the affirmation. I'm glad to know that your following the build. Thanks!
Old 09-28-2013, 07:49 AM

THORSTEN,

My Man, Thanks again. Sometimes it only takes a fresh eye to get a breakthrough. The suggestion you had lead to an idea, that lead to an experiment ,that lead to a breakthrough! Just what I needed after weeks of trying to figure this out.!
Old 09-29-2013, 10:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichO View Post
MANRED,

Thanks for the continued support! It's nice to know I can count on you guys for the support I need.

BTW, this is the rainy season here in Olympia, no sunshine unitll next April (LOL). Just kidding.
Richo,

about the rainy season you are certainly not evil, then you can start right now by and ignite the main engines.

Keep up your great build and enjoy!

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)
Old 09-29-2013, 03:18 PM

MANFRED,

You're so cool!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:20 PM

HEY ALL,

So it's been awhile since my last post, I'll fill you guys in on whats been happinin.

So the light construction continues, I just recieved a new shipment of lighting products and will be finishing with the lights shortly. I just need to work out how to post the videos.

While I was waiting for the lights to arrive I have been working on other portions of the buld. I have started with the wiring chapter, and have started to do some work with the Truck assemblies.

Of the over 11,000+ parts of this kit, more than half is just in the Truck assemblies. So I have been starting with the arduous task of cutting out the treads.

Photo #1, This shows a slight differance between the actual model and the instruction book. I contacted Cyana about this and was told that the slight differance will not be a factor in the buil and that with this part, you wont be able to see anyway. So off to the cutting of... 5 and a half thousand parts for the Truck build. OMG my brain hurts just thinking about it.

Photo #2, The parts for just one Truck and this is just the bottom part ot the Truck assembly.

Photo #3, The parts for all four Trucks. This dosen't look so bad in the photo, but I have to cut each tread individualy and assemble to the bottom of the Truck.

I think I will just cut these parts out to kill some time in between the other things I have to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_0925.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_0926.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_0927.jpg