PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 03-12-2014, 02:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.42 MB
HEY ALL,

I had a couple of hours this morning to do a little more with the wiring. These photo's are of the front side of the crawler, on the inside of the cab space, between the cab and the crawler body. A tight little space that was rather diffacult to get to.

Photo #1, This shows the general area that I was working in.

Photo #2, This is just one of the crazy bends for this chapter.

Photo #3, This is a close up of the space between the cab and the crawler body.

Photo #4, This is an up side down view. Sometimes I have to turn the model over to get to the areas that I'm working on.

Photo #5, I can see when looking at these enlarged photos that one of the wires is somewhat out of alignment. I will reastablish the parellel to look better, then all will be painted.

I will show some more photos of the finished painted plumbing on all sides of corner "D".

The sun is out and it's getting warm, so outside to mow the lawn and work in the garden for a few hours.

More to come later. Stayed Tuned!
Attached Thumbnails
Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1629.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1624.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1628.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1625.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1627.jpg  

Old 03-12-2014, 06:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Respect Rich, this wiring looks very, very cool and I like it. And every little thing takes its time ...

Keep on bending and wiring!

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)
Old 03-17-2014, 05:20 PM

Thanks Manfred, The bending goes on, but only for a short while longer.

Hi All,

So to keep from going totaly mental, I gave the bending a break for a few days and worked on the trucks. This should show how the Center Structure is assembled.

The Center Structure is where: The Main Bearing Housing and Tracks are mounted to. The JEL tubes (jacking,equilizing,leveling) are supported, along with the Propel Motors and Steering Arms.

Photo #1, Parts for four Center Structures.

Photo #2, This will show how just one goes together, I have four of these, and ten milliom treads, which I'm still cutting out.

Photo #3, You can see the cut outs between the treads. very small and seem to take a bit of time to cut out.

Photo #4, #5, This is the how the outside is supported.

Photo #6, Surface details going on.

Photo #7, A close up of the surface detail on the Center Structure. The black paint on the JEL Tubes will be covered with a very thin black tissue paper and wrinkled. I wont put this on tho untill I'm ready to mount the Crawler body with the Trucks. It's so thin that it tears very easy.

I have about a weeks worth of work to do to finish the four Center Structures, so hang in there all. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1644.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1648.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1647.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1649.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1651.jpg  

Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1652.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1654.jpg  
Old 03-18-2014, 05:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hi Rich,

wow, I see again that you have for all modules an extra box, I call that German thoroughness - Made in USA, since nothing can be lost.

My big bender, I think the bending break will get you good, but as it seems to me, the truck chapter is an even greater challenge, for which you will need great endurance and patience, right?

But the progress can be seen, keep it up, it looks really cool.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)
Old 03-18-2014, 05:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 479.41 MB

my current projekt:
Iss - the third
Google Adsense
Old 03-18-2014, 07:34 AM

MANFRED,
I like the thought- "German thoroughness- made in U.S.A." Anybody building this kit will soon see that, you must be extreamly organised, because it is way to easy to get lost amoungst all the parts. I have multiples of everything and seperate containers is essential. I have drawers full of different small containers for just this occasion.

I think that the Truck chapter will take as long to build as the main chassis chapter. This chapter is along edurance project, not a sprint.

Thanks for hanging in there with me.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:35 AM

Michael,

WOW!! Thanks! I guess you would know about pure madness. I've seen some of your work. Thanks man!
Old 03-18-2014, 07:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
More great progress, Rich. Said it before, but the scale is amazing and your cutting so accurate.
You must be going through blades like crazy to keep using sharp ones.

Joe
Old 03-18-2014, 11:07 AM

JOE,

Actualy I have been using the same blade for about four months now. I have a power sharpener that I keep close. When things start to drag a bit, I just hit the sharpener and I'm good for a week or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1655.jpg  
Old 03-18-2014, 02:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Makeing good progress Rich keep on trucking.

Google Adsense