PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 10-31-2013, 08:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.42 MB
HEY ALL'

More of the Swing Arm build.

Photo's #1, and #2, Parts for the White Room Body Case.

Photo #3, The Body Case finished and ready for mounting onto the swing arm. A small build with very small parts.

photo #4, The Body Case mounted onto the swing arm.

Photo's #5 and #6, With the body case mounted on to the swing arm, I now move onto the White Room itself. Also a million small parts but not much more to build now for this experimental project.

Having great fun with this build so far. keep watching the build and looking forward to Cyana's input about the build and how the download idea is comming along.

Thanks All, RichO 114/499
Attached Thumbnails
LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_0996.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_0998.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_0999.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1000.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1001.jpg  

LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1002.jpg  
Old 10-31-2013, 09:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 942.12 MB
Troubles

Cyana,
I bought your crawler and I tried many times to start the building. The kit is very beatiful but very complex and i'm not able to build something without errors. So i scanned some sheet. But i can scan only A4 sheets and the process (... scan, correct, print ...) is long and sometime we could do something wrong ...and then scan again ...

A model downloadable is perfect for me!

About the 3D PDF instructions. I still have troubles with the Adobe Reader that doesn't start in any way.
I looked for any solution on the net, but nothing seems to work and I am not able to see the "new" and "marvellous" instructions You did: sorry for my frustration.
I appreciated the instructions that came with the crawler, they are clear, complete and useful. And I would like to compare them to the new ones that you released.
I think that the instructions old style are still better, because there still are many problems with the new ones (i read about many posts around the net ), and not all the customers could use them , may be.

But please, someone could help me with the Adobe Reader, or suggest to me some other reader that supports this feature?

Thanks in advance,
Nando

PS: I bought red sheets and the transparent ones, but i cannot build the arm without instructions
Fat Man & Little Boy available here

Last edited by nando; 10-31-2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: To Add some note
Old 10-31-2013, 12:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.20 MB
Nando, I don't know what operating systen you are using on your computer, or which version of Adobe Reader you are using, but a previous post on this thread seems to suggest that the 3D PDF won't work under Windows XP.

I haven't been able to verify fully what does and doesn't work - all I know is that Windows 7 Pro and Adobe Reader 11 does work! It will help if you declare your OS and Adobe Reader version - that way you are more likely to get an answer that helps you. g

EDIT: Ah, I have just seen your earlier posting mentioning Windows 7 and Adobe Reader 11. Sorry, but that combination does work for me!
Old 10-31-2013, 01:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Nando are you trying to open from the down load i fond that this dident work, but if you open adobe reader and then from there open up the instructions it shoud work. hope this helps

Old 10-31-2013, 08:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I have to agree about the LUT being offered only as a digital edition. In todays world the whole concept of digital piracy is one to be considered of course but a hard copy kit is just as prone.

As to building this beast of a mini kit. The download files make practice sessions possible. It allows one to work out the methodology that works best for you whether it is the cutting out operation or assembly. One thing I found that works for me is on the arm framework using a #11 blade is a nightmare. It never fails that right when I get to a really delicate cut the blade will dull and pulls the work. The method I'm using is a #18 blade (x-acto heavy wood chisel) is laid on the card with the bevel side towards the waste side of the cut. Rotate the blade to vertical and push through. This will make an extremely clean cut. If the cut is longer than the blade position the edge of the blade in the previous cut and continue to the end of the line segment. There is an added bonus to this method. The bars of the frame work seem to be more rigid the those cut with a #11 blade. Whether it is a matter of the card being compressed to a denser state I have no idea. All I know is it works for me. I'll post pics later in the tips section.
Google Adsense
Old 11-01-2013, 04:54 PM

HEY ALL,

More photos of the swing arm build. These are of the recent construction of the White Room portion of the build.

I have not run into any problems with this part of the build at all. Nice and easy to build, just small parts.

Photo #1, Parts of the Body Case top.

Photo #2, Parts for the expansion "JOINT"

Photo #3, and #4, The Body Case parts constructed and mounted to the top.
Attached Thumbnails
LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1003.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1004.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1005.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1006.jpg  
Old 11-01-2013, 05:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hi Rich,

as you can see, you've fallen in love with this swing arm ...

You can feel really, how much fun you have on these details. Great job, I'm excited and stay tuned.

But do not forget the crawler job!

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)
Old 11-02-2013, 02:55 PM

MANFRED,

Good for you to be back, thanks for the good words.

SO, the swing arm build has taken a bit more than the week I thought it was going to take. This build is a little more complex than it looks to be, but I sure am having fun with this.

I'm anxious to get back to the crawler build tho, so I'll keep working on this one for a short while longer. I don't have much more to go on the test build.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:06 PM

HEY ALL,

So more of the swing arm build.

Photo #1, Parts for the expansion joint.

photo #2, The parts glued into the subassemblies.

Photo #3, The expansion joint ready to be mounted together. I used some thin wire to hold the pieces together so that they would align properly.

Photo #4, All the parts for the expansion joint mounted together.

Photo #5, and #6, The expansion joint mounted to the swing arm.

This part of the build did not take so long to do. This could be accomplished in one day.

Thanks All more later.
Attached Thumbnails
LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1004.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1009.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1010.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1012.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1014.jpg  

LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1015.jpg  
Old 11-02-2013, 05:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Rich, you're doing an amazing job. It looks really really good.

Tags
apollo, lut, saturn v