PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 06-27-2015, 03:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.64 MB
Hans, amazing build, but can i ask why you aren't using the AXM models for Destiny and Quest?
Old 06-27-2015, 07:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by obwand10 View Post
Hans, amazing build, but can i ask why you aren't using the AXM models for Destiny and Quest?
I didn't know AXM had those modules!!!
Old 06-27-2015, 09:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 155.43 MB
Quote:
much thanks sir Mohammed

I would say its more of a sentimental reason... the MARSCenter ISS was the first one made available, and I figured I'd add all of its elements on this build, like I'm doing with the 1/100 build... but because the model will be publicly displayed, I decided to only retain the Shuttle, Destiny and Quest, as I found out that MARSCenter's Unity, Zarya and Zvezda (as well as the Soyuz and Progress capsules) have some detail errors in them, as well as some dimensional errors...

but when I build another ISS in the future (for another, possibly major project), it will be a pure AXM composition

Quote:
Originally Posted by N96HBK View Post
I didn't know AXM had those modules!!!
they're here sir Kang

STS-98 Payload

STS-104 Payload
Old 06-27-2015, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Christian View Post
much thanks sir Mohammed

I would say its more of a sentimental reason... the MARSCenter ISS was the first one made available, and I figured I'd add all of its elements on this build, like I'm doing with the 1/100 build... but because the model will be publicly displayed, I decided to only retain the Shuttle, Destiny and Quest, as I found out that MARSCenter's Unity, Zarya and Zvezda (as well as the Soyuz and Progress capsules) have some detail errors in them, as well as some dimensional errors...

but when I build another ISS in the future (for another, possibly major project), it will be a pure AXM composition

they're here sir Kang

STS-98 Payload

STS-104 Payload
Thanks, but since I'm only 12, you don't need to call me sir! I should rather call you sir! Thanks for the links!

Last edited by N96HBK; 06-27-2015 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Wrong emoticon
Old 06-27-2015, 10:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
I was in awe to see many of the details you are adding, Hans. The combination of Fortezza and Alfonso's models are becoming an excellent model.

Do you have a deadline for this model?

Quote:
Thanks, but since I'm only 12, you don't need to call me sir! I should rather call you sir! Thanks for the links!
Great to have you here, N96HBK! Keep building paper models!!
Google Adsense
Old 06-27-2015, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milenio3 View Post
I was in awe to see many of the details you are adding, Hans. The combination of Fortezza and Alfonso's models are becoming an excellent model.

Do you have a deadline for this model?

Great to have you here, N96HBK! Keep building paper models!!
Thanks!! My dream is designing a paper model, I am learning sketchup basics. I love papermodels, I'm never going to quit.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Christian View Post
much thanks sir Mohammed

I totally understand that, I'm also building (or attempting to) my ISS for STS 134, because that was the shuttle I saw on the pad, so it has a special place I can't want to see what progress you make.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:25 AM

Quote:
I like that new realistic Shuttle texture. I used some Orbiter 2010 textures to make the Payload bay doors. This tread is going to be VERY interesting!!! Thanks for sharing.
Here, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share the shuttle, but here's the papermodelers.com link:
Fortezza's 1:100 Endeavour Model
Here's the doors I made. The pdf files are too big, so I compressed them. This won't really help with the ISS model, but it should help with the in-orbit or landing models. I haven't tested them yet, but maybe someone could test them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Payload Doors.zip (954.2 KB, 35 views)
Old 06-28-2015, 07:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 155.43 MB
Quote:

Here's the doors I made. The pdf files are too big, so I compressed them. This won't really help with the ISS model, but it should help with the in-orbit or landing models. I haven't tested them yet, but maybe someone could test them.

Thanks!! My dream is designing a paper model, I am learning sketchup basics. I love papermodels, I'm never going to quit.

ow! haha! sorry about that

really nice work on those doors Kang! this will be a great match for the photoreal Endeavour, will try these on for my future shuttle builds, that's for sure

in that case, I'd love to try your designs when you release them, so young, yet you're already showing great talent, you have great potential my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by milenio3 View Post

Do you have a deadline for this model?!
much thanks sir Gerardo, nice to hear from you again!

I'm hoping to have this done initially ASAP, but that will screw up the quality of the build, and from the timeline I currently have, it looks like my initial plan of sending this to the California Science Center may not be possible, so in that case, my plan is to get this done no later than mid-October, so it will go on display on our upcoming IPMS Nationals, as there will be a plan on putting up a card models display section on the event to attract more modelers to try making card models, to open up a possible card model category for next year's competition

Quote:
I totally understand that, I'm also building (or attempting to) my ISS for STS 134, because that was the shuttle I saw on the pad, so it has a special place I can't want to see what progress you make.
I really like to see yours as well sir Endeavour was also the first orbiter I got to see personally, but that was when I first visited the California Science Center a few years ago... and I regularly visit the Shuttle everytime I'm in LA

will give you a heads up from now on just in case I encounter some difficulties
Old 06-28-2015, 07:24 PM

I don't mean to hijack your thread, so just a quick look, I figured I'd start with something small to get back into the groove of things. I also don't know why the picture uploaded sideways. I'm always available to help Hans
Attached Thumbnails
1/144 International Space Station + Shuttle Endeavour (STS-134 configuration)-img_0334.jpg  

Last edited by obwand10; 06-28-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Google Adsense