PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 04-12-2018, 12:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 163.17 MB
Woow great work, after I'm finished I was planning on scaling up Alfonso's tile pattern on the bottom and if I feel like it I'm going to cut them all out separately and glue them to the bottom. For the nose I'm going to draw a new cover I can glue on to the nose, and like the belly I may cut these tiles out separately and glue them to the nose. I don't want to redo the files since Inkscape has crashed on me a lot of times in the past day's because the shuttle files are quite detailed.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
I followed Alfonso's, (AXM61) suggestion and copied his tiles onto Fortezza's parts. Here are repainted part 5-8 body flap, parts 5-10 elevon (left and right), and parts 5-11 elevon (left and right). I still have to work on the nose part 1-1, left and right wings part 6-1 and 7-1 and engine block page 8. Thank you Alfonso for you suggestion.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf elevons part5-8 5-10 5-11 1-100scale5.pdf (494.5 KB, 106 views)
Old 04-21-2018, 11:09 AM

Here is the nose (part 1-1) with the right side tiles flipped over onto the left so the tiles form a chevron pattern instead of a straight line from upper right to lower left. Both the left and right are merged into a single piece that you can cut and paste onto your model like a decal.

The wings are next.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf nose part1-1 1-100 scale.pdf (235.8 KB, 90 views)
Old 04-27-2018, 09:45 PM

If you are just going to paste the new tile patterns on an completed model like decals, then here are the wings. The engine block will take a couple more days and that will be the last piece where the tile pattern on the left is a mirror of the tile pattern on the right (Chevron pattern) instead of running in only one direction.

I am going to lighten all of the tiles so the darker replacement tiles will show as in AXM's (Alfonso) model for whoever wants to cut off the parts with the old tile pattern and replace them with parts with the revised chevron patterns or completely build a new model. I hope to have those new parts ready for printing in a couple of weeks and post them in the download section.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf both wings 1-100scale.pdf (285.6 KB, 74 views)
Old 05-02-2018, 09:31 AM

Finally, the tiles for the engine block (page 8) which you can paste on your model like a decal. I'm sorry it took a lot longer than I estimated. On the other hand, the tiles on belly (part 4-1) and the engine block (page 8) should now align with each other. If you paint the edges black, you should be able to hide the seam where part 4-1 and page 8 meet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf engine block 1-100 scale.pdf (170.8 KB, 69 views)
Google Adsense
Old 05-03-2018, 12:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 163.17 MB
Thanks for all the work, I will definitely put them on the shuttle.
Old 07-16-2021, 02:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 592.55 MB
sorry ... i'm too dizzy here ... the files kindly presented here by "hjlyuen" ... they are "natural" .. i mean..they are print and voila..or do I have to scale them to match?

Ideally, someone would ask good mister fortezza ... if he gives them permission to "gut" the model ... and so go in and modify and improve the whole model ... (but this is only a dream)

Thank you very much for these contributions.
Old 07-17-2021, 03:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
The PDF title says 1/100, so I presume you are good to go if you print 100%. You can always test by printing out in 'cheap fast mode' and compare them in the light on top with the original Fortezza files.
Raimondo Fortezza is 'AWOL' for quite some time now. Your guess where he is is as good as mine. He might just have moved on and started a new hobby. Knitting, figure skating, collecting stamps of Guatemala from the 1930s or a career as a wedding DJ...
Maybe there were 'permissions' given but on the other hand, these pieces here look very original and so very redesigned they became something completely new. (Besides that, I recall there were voices who claimed that the Fortezza Shuttle in a way was a 1 on 1 copy of the big Betexa shuttle model in shape and parts)
However, the Fortezza and AXM models are very satisfyingly good on their own - and you can reprint them as much as you like!)

I really do recommend Alfonso's (AXM) shuttle to begin with. Its construction method is easier and the result is astonishingly good. I have been making paper models for over ten years now and still struggled with the Fortezza shuttle when I made it. The shape of the nose section with cabin is really really challenging to get right.
My suggestion to you is to just build more models as they are, before trying on nitpicking modifications like this, it takes time to get them right and to get the hang of how to tinker with them.
Your Saturn wasn't a bad build at all! You are off to a good start.
Old 07-17-2021, 09:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 592.55 MB
Thank you so much.
I have chosen the axm shuttle as my next projects (in addition to the x-15)
i want to say something about axm models ... but first i must thank axm's huge work (9.9 / 10).

I just wanted to say that it is a "very small" pity, that it does not have more detail in its skin ... I do not mean the detail in pieces, I do not mean the amount modeled ... all this is good, satisfactory, excellently " balanced "... I only mention as a" small "lack not to have a better detailed skin. (thermal tiles, markings in white places, white tiles on wings) ... if only that little detail were INCREASED ... and the model would raise realism in several levels. He would not envy anything to the fortezza model.
(Look at the Delta7 columbia model, even the Canon model has tiles ... they give a lot of "character" to the model ... and they are "simple" models)

That said, axm: thank you very much for all the work done.
Old 07-17-2021, 10:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Craft, please, firstly and foremost: do not look a gift horse in the mouth.
Alfonso has taken an awful lot of time researching and detailing all of his models. And he offers them for free. Maybe it is not according to your desired level of detail, but if you can do better, then please amaze us with your talents.
Now hear me out.
Scale 1/100 means: not only is the model 1/100th of the original size, but also (and very important): when you have the model in your hand and hold it at an arm length distance, that too is as if it was a 100 times further away.
Now, how much detail do you see on a shuttle when you are standing more than a hundered meters away from it? Actually, it isn't that much. You won't be able to discern every single tile. Keep that in mind.

Most, if not all, plastic models are hopelessly under-detailed. The detail on most paper models is many times more accurate and precise than on many a plastic equivalent.
Be happy there are lots of free models available. Don't complain about detail. If possible, make it yourself. Like we all do. Because we can.

Tags
1:100 space shuttle