PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 07-21-2009, 07:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Ordered Models

Well, I am a paper modeler who saw this thread on another site, and no one could buy from the designer because he would not do business with anyone who emailed him. I contacted the Japanesse Hobby Shop and had them act as middle man for me. They contacted the TV guys and provided the ability for us to buy this model with a paypal link.
As a side note I have built all of Ton's models and consider him a real asset to the papermodel sites, and I have ordered the Apollina site models. I do not consider these even close to a repaint of his work. Every designer has a new twist and turn to every subject we build. The Quaratine trailer is as original as it gets.
The price is a little steep but what the heck, I would rather spend it on the model then see it go up in smoke in my 401k.

Thanks to all the designers, the ever humble and grateful papermodeler
Old 08-01-2009, 04:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 357.33 MB
Wink Apollonia 1:48 Scale Models

Thanks, tikitiki,

for the showcase photos - they make me even more interested . . .

Very soon now . . . that Apollo S-IVB model is a real beauty.

Best,
Bengt F
Old 08-01-2009, 11:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
As soon as any of you buy and build any of these, make sure you post with your pics and your impressions. :D I'm still waiting until I have the extra cash to buy that S-IVB... and the quarantine trailer...
Old 08-02-2009, 06:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 968.01 MB
quarantine trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparenti View Post
As soon as any of you buy and build any of these, make sure you post with your pics and your impressions. :D I'm still waiting until I have the extra cash to buy that S-IVB... and the quarantine trailer...
I think if you are willing to wait, one, (quarantine trailer), will be available for free soon. A little bird showed me a almost complete project awhile back. I think I could ask real nice, (with sugar on top), and get them to try and finish it.

Surfduke
Google Adsense
Old 08-02-2009, 04:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
Yay! (claps hands) I would like nothing better!
BTW, I got to see one of the real ones in Huntsville a long time ago. They actually had it set up with plastic partitions so you could walk inside. I had someone take my picture while peeking out the rear window. It was done up to look like the Apollo 11 quarantine trailer, with the Hornet +3 sign and everything. I assumed that it wasn't the ACTUAL one used to house Neil, Buzz, and Mike, but as a kid, it was good enough for me.
Much, much later, I found out it WAS, indeed, the trailer from Apollo 11. It was later moved to another museum somewhere else, though I'm not sure where.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:12 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Right now the trailer and other Apollo 11 stuff is located on the USS Hornet, docked in San Francisco.

They had a live remote on FNC all last weekend at the Hornet
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 08-02-2009, 06:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 89.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparenti View Post
Yay! (claps hands) I would like nothing better!
BTW, I got to see one of the real ones in Huntsville a long time ago. They actually had it set up with plastic partitions so you could walk inside. I had someone take my picture while peeking out the rear window. It was done up to look like the Apollo 11 quarantine trailer, with the Hornet +3 sign and everything. I assumed that it wasn't the ACTUAL one used to house Neil, Buzz, and Mike, but as a kid, it was good enough for me.
Much, much later, I found out it WAS, indeed, the trailer from Apollo 11. It was later moved to another museum somewhere else, though I'm not sure where.
My daughter, now 20, went with me often to the museum when she was small, and liked to play, running in and out of the "little house." In the new Davidson Center display at the museum, they have one again underneath the Saturn V; I don't know whether it's the real one or not, but it looks the same.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelant View Post
My daughter, now 20, went with me often to the museum when she was small, and liked to play, running in and out of the "little house." In the new Davidson Center display at the museum, they have one again underneath the Saturn V; I don't know whether it's the real one or not, but it looks the same.
It's the one used on Apollo 12: Apollo 12 MQF trailer resurfaces - collectSPACE: Messages
Old 08-02-2009, 09:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldixon View Post
Well, I am a paper modeler who saw this thread on another site, and no one could buy from the designer because he would not do business with anyone who emailed him. I contacted the Japanesse Hobby Shop and had them act as middle man for me. They contacted the TV guys and provided the ability for us to buy this model with a paypal link.
As a side note I have built all of Ton's models and consider him a real asset to the papermodel sites, and I have ordered the Apollina site models. I do not consider these even close to a repaint of his work. Every designer has a new twist and turn to every subject we build. The Quaratine trailer is as original as it gets.
The price is a little steep but what the heck, I would rather spend it on the model then see it go up in smoke in my 401k.

Thanks to all the designers, the ever humble and grateful papermodeler
Is that link still live? Are you allowed to share it?