PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 04-12-2021, 01:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
yeah you just keep going build man build
Cheers rifleman, will do.

Regards

Kevin
Old 04-12-2021, 01:31 AM

Life size right arm of Neil started

Dear all

So steady progress continues with the life size model as I now start Neil's right arm. It is roughly a mirror image to the left arm of Neil.

So the usual start

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14204.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14205.jpg

just a bit of care needed the the "ring" that forms the wrist end of the arm since the part is so thin

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14206.jpg

So I needed to "stagger" the tabs on opposite sides otherwise the part would just rip

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14207.jpg

So the ring is made and then joined to the previous part of the arm

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14208.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14209.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14221.jpg

I immediately strengthen that section on the inside

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14222.jpg

Then the rest of the forearm is added

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14223.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14225.jpg

Regards

Kevin
Old 04-15-2021, 02:26 AM

More on life-size Neil right arm

Dear all

So just a quick update on the right arm of Neil. In previous post had got to the elbow. I have now managed to do the bicep. It is made up of two rings. Here is the first ring

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14226.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14227.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14228.jpg

and then the second ring

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14230.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14232.jpg

The end of the arms is starting to feel not too far away now.

Regards

Kevin
Old 04-24-2021, 12:51 AM

Life size Neil's right arm contiued

Dear all

Making a bit more progress on Neil's right arm. I added the former at the top of the arm

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14233.jpg

Filled in the arm pit area as well as adding a second layer around the outside at the top of the arm

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14234.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14235.jpg

Next was to double layer all of the inside which was straight forward

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14271.jpg

So just to put another layer on the inside to finish off the arm

Regards

Kevin
Old 04-24-2021, 02:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
well done young man keep it going
Google Adsense
Old 04-24-2021, 08:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I don't think mentally that I could handle a long-term project like this. I would have given it up or been distracted months ago. Congratulations on your perseverance, fortitude and skill
Old 05-02-2021, 12:54 AM

Life size right arm of Neil finished

Dear all

After a bit of a delay the final layer of strengthening was added to Neil's right arm

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14272.jpg

I know it looks just like the previous photo in the previous post, but if you look closely you will see in one photo the strengthen strips are labeled with Roman letters and in the other photo they are Greek letters.

The markings are for two reasons. First I have found marking the corners of the strips means you can tell where you have already glued some (which I found difficult to tell without markings). Secondly it convinces me I actually have done something!

Regards

Kevin
Old 05-02-2021, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
well done young man keep it going
As always glad to here from you rifleman. Will do!

Regards

Kevin
Old 05-02-2021, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
I don't think mentally that I could handle a long-term project like this. I would have given it up or been distracted months ago. Congratulations on your perseverance, fortitude and skill
Thanks for the kind comments Vermin_King. I think treating the whole endeavour as an adventure and being clear in my mind from the outset that I had no idea if it was possible plus no time scale is what is making this project keep going and enjoyable (for me).

Regards

Kevin
Old 05-02-2021, 04:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Echoing others, keep goi g on this project, want to see these completed. Time does not matter, this isn't a race, just so long as you are enjoying what you're doing. We're behind you on this.😊

Tags
apollo, astronaut, buzz aldrin, moon, neil armstrong