PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 09-22-2021, 12:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
Ring fingers

Dear all

So time ticks on and gradual progress continues at the glove factory with work continuing. Now up to making the ring fingers.

Again a similar construction to the other fingers.

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14386.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14388.jpg

I am really rubbish at edge colouring but picked up a great tip from the forum (I think from Kevin WS or dhanners or mbauer if my memory is correct, which is by no means always right) which is to use a graphite pencil to colour the edge for any part (other than white). I find it works really well. I use a very soft pencil, 6B

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14390.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14391.jpg

As you can see below it is really soft. Running it along the edge of parts "cuts" into the lead of the pencil

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14389.jpg

So I continue making the ring fingers

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14396.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14393.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14395.jpg

I seem to be getting more clumsy and loosing concentration each day and keep catching things, cutting things wrong and so on which require "fixes and repairs"

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14392.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14394.jpg

Anyway I complete the distal and middle phalanges (see post 289 for medical diagram) and join them together

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14397.jpg

and then strengthen them

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14398.jpg

Next the proximal phalanges are made and connected to the rest of the finger

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14399.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14400.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14401.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14402.jpg

Finally I need to strengthen the last part of the finger. So I need a supply of strengthening strips

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14404.jpg

Each strip has to be cut to the right length. I find this very difficult to judge just by "looking into" the finger so instead hold the finger up to a bright light and measure off the distance that way.

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14405.jpg

I am still concerned about whether I am making the the fingers too stiff where they are going to join onto the hand but have no real way of judging it. So I gradually strengthen the fingers

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14406.jpg

And finally the ring fingers are finished

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc14407.jpg

So just the 4 pinky fingers to go. So the end of the fingers and thumbs production is in sight now

Regards

Kevin

Regards

Kevin
Old 09-22-2021, 03:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
You seem to have the fingers sussed, another section you can tick of your build list.
Old 09-22-2021, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.29 GB
well your getting there well done

Tags
apollo, astronaut, buzz aldrin, moon, neil armstrong