PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 10-31-2020, 04:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 133.91 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAustin16 View Post
Extremely well done, Asettico. Your build is very clean, and impressive. Thank you for posting your progress pictures.

Bravo from Texas!!
Really thank you!
I will post pictures of my progress as I will complete other parts. After all I've downloaded and learned here, it's the least I can do.
Old 10-31-2020, 06:11 AM

Some help for the LES

Hello everybody,
I started building the LES, but I got some difficulties with the small parts, so I need some hints to proceed.

Cutting part 11 of the tower, the step 6 in the instructions, I broke one of the very thin "petals". I managed to rejoin it in some way, but folding the part into a spherical shape is tricky. I could use a bead to form it as we use a cylinder to form tubes, but unfortunately I don't have one.

Have you some hint on how to manage this step?

All the 3 pages suggest to print them onto 240 gsm paper; I'm thinking to reprint just that one onto a 140-160 gsm paper to ease the process, but I'm not sure if this can be a solution.

Thank you for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Greelt's Saturn V 1:48 build-parts.jpg   Yet another Greelt's Saturn V 1:48 build-instructions.jpg  
Old 11-01-2020, 11:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
Hi asettico. Great to see your build of the "Greelt" Saturn V. One possible way forward is to actually make the 4 thruster nozzles, glue then together, then glue them to the LES (possibly an extra joining additional part needed to be scratch built) and then gluing the "petal shroud" around the the nozzles.

Also when it comes to the lattice frame at the base of the LES you might find using the paper sticks that "cotton buds" use as good "rods" to cut the lattice frame parts from. If doing it this way super glue or gorilla glue (or similar) gives a good result for gluing the lattice frame together.

Keep going, it is looking great.

Regards

Kevin

Last edited by Algebraist; 11-01-2020 at 11:18 AM. Reason: spelling corrections
Old 11-01-2020, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algebraist View Post
Hi asettico. Great to see your build of the "Greelt" Saturn V.
Thank you. It's a long way...

Quote:
One possible way forward is to actually make the 4 thruster nozzles, glue then together, then glue them to the LES (possibly an extra joining additional part needed to be scratch built) and then gluing the "petal shroud" around the the nozzles.
I think that I have understand. Actually it's a way to solve impasses, swap the order of some steps. Got it.

Quote:
Also when it comes to the lattice frame at the base of the LES you might find using the paper sticks that "cotton buds" use as good "rods" to cut the lattice frame parts from. If doing it this way super glue or gorilla glue (or similar) gives a good result for gluing the lattice frame together.
I read about this technique in another thread about Greelt's Saturn V. But it will be equally tricky. We'll see.

Quote:
Keep going, it is looking great.

Regards

Kevin
Thank you for the kind works and the hints, Kevin!

Tags
1:48, greelt, saturn v