PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 06-09-2021, 05:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 858.39 MB
Jamestown moon base

Hello everyone, I need as many references as possible to make the Jamestown model of the first module of the lunar base from the For all mankind series as detailed as possible. Anyone interested in the model?
Attached Thumbnails
Jamestown moon base-unnamed.jpg   Jamestown moon base-victor-martinez-x000-art-ext-moon-shackletoncrater-jamestown-view03-v10-180823-vm.jpg   Jamestown moon base-jamestown-us-moon-base-2-season-1-all-mankind-tv-series_humanmars.net.jpg   Jamestown moon base-jamestown9.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 06-09-2021, 05:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
FAM is a great alt-history series. I took me all series 1 to get into it but I was sold seeing the second series. Loved the character development and the 00's technology placed in the 80's.
I don't really build fictional stuff any more but I can imagine there's interest in a model of Jamestown. You could try and relocate the thread to the Alternate Dimensions section here, this section is more dedicated to real space. And I also can suggest taking a look at the NasaSpaceFlight forum, in the section Entertainment. They do have a large thread concerning FAM. Knowing them, they will go all nerdy on which engines are stuck against the hull and the way it might have been sent to the moon. And then there's the FAM wiki.
Hope you will get all the stuff you need. Remember, it is SF and they kept the imagery quite hazy and short for a reason. So you can take your liberties with it. There are no exact measurements (-;
Old 06-09-2021, 05:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 858.39 MB
Thank you my Friend. Yup the series is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kosmonaut View Post
FAM is a great alt-history series. I took me all series 1 to get into it but I was sold seeing the second series. Loved the character development and the 00's technology placed in the 80's.
I don't really build fictional stuff any more but I can imagine there's interest in a model of Jamestown. You could try and relocate the thread to the Alternate Dimensions section here, this section is more dedicated to real space. And I also can suggest taking a look at the NasaSpaceFlight forum, in the section Entertainment. They do have a large thread concerning FAM. Knowing them, they will go all nerdy on which engines are stuck against the hull and the way it might have been sent to the moon. And then there's the FAM wiki.
Hope you will get all the stuff you need. Remember, it is SF and they kept the imagery quite hazy and short for a reason. So you can take your liberties with it. There are no exact measurements (-;
Old 06-09-2021, 07:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Agreed that it turned out to be a pretty interesting series.

Many, like me, probably go into it thinking its an alternate The Right Stuff story.
And while it does appear to be that in the beginning...it is not.

At first I started to wonder why little things were different, inaccurate history and all.
And then you have to sit through a lot of personal relationship soap opera stuff.
A lot of character backstory that didnt happen in my world! lol

Eventually you learn that its all set in an"alternate history", and it all makes sense.
Well, it doesn't make any more sense, it just becomes more entertaining.
Its a big "what if..." story about NASA.

But the space stuff is well done and theres very little to nitpick at, so I enjoyed watching the stories unfold.
And the visuals are really well done...I believed it was shot on the Moon! LOL

Can't wait to go to Mars in season 3!
Old 06-09-2021, 03:20 PM

As a Dutchie I loved the Wubbo-reference.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 58.90 MB
It's simple, though.
I need a UHU moon module, including four gears and a reaction control thruster assembly, 2 Destiny modules, and a little imagination. And lots of saved pictures for details.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merzo View Post
It's simple, though.
I need a UHU moon module, including four gears and a reaction control thruster assembly, 2 Destiny modules, and a little imagination. And lots of saved pictures for details.
ZOLI! How are you doing, my friend? Are you all right? Good to know you are still there.