PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 07-17-2021, 09:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
Hello Craft. If you are going to attempt the 1/48 Saturn V/Apollo model that has stage 1 designed by Greelt then you might find it useful to read the post linked below

PaperModelers.com - View Single Post - 1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)

There are essentially 3 versions of the model, one hosted on J Leslie's site, one hosted on this site as well as another load of "updates". The post linked above lists the differences between the three versions.

Just to let you know this is a big model which takes a lot of paper

I would echo what some of the other members have said, namely, it is much better to focus on one or two projects at a time, take your time and savor making them and really enjoy the hobby. Remember there is not the "right" model of an object. All models are approximations of varying degree of detail and difficulty. Simply choose what you will find most enjoyable to make.

As Greelt says at the start of the instructions of his (amazing) 1/48 Saturn V stage 1 model,
"Please keep in mind this model is by no means a "replica".....Have fun with this model, I know I did"

Regards

Kevin
Old 07-17-2021, 10:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
As another addition for building this giant model (in size, parts and detail) I recommend start and build one F-1 engine first. Then you will get a notion of how complicated the whole of the model will be.