PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 07-10-2021, 12:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 592.55 MB
saturn V 2.2 ton noteboom error?

on the page where you get it from ...
jleslie48.com/gallery_models_apollo.html
there are so many versions ... I downloaded version 2.2 ... "updated" by jean paul ...
contains an error: pieces 2A and 2B have the wrong BLACK-WHITE pattern.
(right at the base of the rocket)

There is another version just as better .. but with this corrected?
(version 2.1 has correctly the improvement)
(I used a pdf image extractor ... and I could edit the pieces with paint)
Google Adsense
Old 07-11-2021, 07:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 898.56 MB
I noticed that one someone else's build, I'd already printed that particular page and had to edit the pdf and print it again.

I'm going to have to reprint the whole thing again though, as I've got part laser printed pages and part inkjet printer pages. The colors aren't as crisp as I want, and the black "paint" is black, and... not as black?
Old 07-12-2021, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
Hello Craft. Something that you might want to consider - or that you have considered but aren't conveying well - is that these designers made the "kits" to the best of their abilities and to the best resources that they had available to them. Are they 1:1 replicas? No. Do you want a 1:1 replica? Than I suggest you design it yourself, or buy it from an established company.

That acknowledged, a fair degree of the skill and enjoyment I get in this hobby comes from taking the "base" of the kit and adding my own details to fill in corrections or gaps. Your other posts suggest you have some experience in that. So, in many cases, that means taking the best components from several "kits" and selecting the best parts (most detail or easiest to fit together). Does this mean I print more, sure. But when you consider the aftermarket value of PE and Resign available in traditional styrene kits, we're MUCH more fun and affordable.

One last thing to consider, repainting for your own personal use is generally accepted. However, its always a good idea to write the designer directly to ask - you might find them helpful in source files/textures too. And, if your planning ANY kind of republishing corrections, recolors - even for free - you must get the author/designer's permission.
Old 07-12-2021, 11:20 AM

Thank you very much for your answers ... I appreciate the HUGE effort that all of you make ... I would never criticize a creator for their work.

what I meant is: since I don't know THE SOURCE of the models ... (that is, the most UPDATED) I don't know if I'm missing something, a correction, or something like that.
Noteboom's saturn v is excellent, in fact I have it as it is .... but, (as I said in the other thread) I did everything alone, without CONTACT with forums, threads, conversations, and original sources of models. ... just now, I can ask and SEE, where they come from.

... in short, I saw in jleslie page, the 2.2 version of the noteboom sat v ... (it says 2.2) and as I saw the error ... it is assumed that there is a new version.
and if there is not, with what little I know, I would repair it.

on modifying starting from a "base" ... and correcting gaps, improving, or modifying ... of course, that I do, that we all do.

what is styrene? I suppose that plastic ... (metal or plastics models, buildable, or paintable) here in South America, I barely have to eat, so it is IMPOSSIBLE to buy something like that.
so embrace papercraft. I do not regret.

Finally: I would never publish something without the permission of the original owner, the creator. (by the way here in South ... specifically in "MERCADOLIBRE.COM" someone, or some publish free models as YOURS) gives anger.

many thanks
Old 07-12-2021, 11:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
I recall Ton Noteboom had a considerable personal disaster a couple of years ago and had all his original files erased from his computer. He hasn't really shown much of himself after that. So anyway, his published files are what is left.
As for better or more detailed or improved files, I can recommend the Greelt Peterusma files of the Saturn V. (also at Jon Leslie's site). Unfortunately, he only did the full S-IC and the S-II J-2 engines but you can add Frederic Bouchar's "Greelt-style" S-II (if you can find them, because his original webpages are gone...) and use the SLA, the CSM with LES created by Mr. Slavicek.
Old 07-13-2021, 02:46 AM

...As an add-on, I see that someone has taken the effort to put all of the kits together and make it a compiled frankensaturn on Jonathan Leslie's site. (I don't visit his site that often...) It starts with the story about "hunderd years in the making". It contains the models of Greelt, Bouchar and Slavicek combined. This is the most detailed and correct model of the Saturn there is. (you just have to wrap the F1 engines in aluminium foil to make it look like the real thing.)
Old 07-13-2021, 08:44 AM

You mean this one? ... they have EVERYTHING I need.
also indicates that it is FINISHED ... I mean complete at the same level.

saturn V 2.2 ton noteboom error?-bandicam-2021-07-13-11-40-45-342.jpg
Old 07-14-2021, 12:27 AM

It is 'finished', in the sense that everything you need is there. And it has all the same level of detail. But because they are created by different people, there might be some small issues with actually putting them together smoothly.

Having said that, your mantra of needing the models you make to be free because of the expenses of living in your country, prepare for a whole lot of paper needed to be printed. (I recommend 160 g/m2 paper for the small parts and 200 g/m2 for the larger body parts. - oh, and cardboard for the reinforcements.)
Old 07-14-2021, 10:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 697.07 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by craft View Post
You mean this one? ... they have EVERYTHING I need.
also indicates that it is FINISHED ... I mean complete at the same level.

Attachment 450896

You can also download it from this site under Real Space > Manned in the downloads section (posted by legal01). It's in a lot cleaner format here, meaning everything is compiled into a few pdfs as opposed to a bunch of loose ones. I believe it is the most current as well. It is missing the instrument unit, but Algebraist posted a template that he made for his 1/48 and 1/24 Saturn Vs. It is found in the same downloads section.

Pharmercylife also posted some additional details he created for the S-IVB. The pdf can be downloaded from this post: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/698686-post668.html

Last edited by Rambler; 07-14-2021 at 11:07 AM. Reason: wrong link
Old 07-15-2021, 04:54 PM

Thank you very much .. I have obtained all of them.
the saturn V 1:96 from LEGAL 01 ... (albeit with the error)
and the saturn v 1:48 from LEGAL 01 + instrument unit by Algebraist + more details for S-IVB by Pharmercylife

As I said above, the error is only a matter of printing 2 MORE times, those pieces, to replace the error.

thanks to all.
Google Adsense