PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 07-11-2021, 05:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 592.55 MB
the paper replika model is discarded ... it is very simple and ... (sorry if I offend someone) ... it is not exact, it has 8 windows, not 6. it does not have tiles ...

to the experts who are you .... I made the Lancia Delta Integrale hf 16v with a full cabin, including the roll bars, and actually transparent plastic "glasses" ... if someone can google it ... they'll see it, it came out " decent".
-In comparison with that model, how difficult is the fortezza, and the axm?
-How long does it take to put something like this together? (example 8 hours a day.)
(the lancia finished it in 1 month, started before the sun rises, and paused to sleep)

-In another topic, in case of editing, I usually convert pdf to jpg (or png), and then edit everything customized, so it has the colors, sizes that I want (obviously only for personal use) ... I use paint.net .
is all this correct? or something is wrong?
I must say that I learned EVERYTHING in a self-taught way ... I never read any papercraft tutorial ... nor do I have the good tools.

Thank you very much for your responses in advance.
You would give me a great favor if you can answer some of my questions above.
Old 07-11-2021, 06:13 PM

argggh
... I'm very sorry, sorry for my bad memory:

there is a space shuttle model from delta7studios ... the DISCOVERY (is it free?)
..and also this: COLUMBIA
//www.delta7studios.com/columbia.htm

... and the "funny thing" is that in
The Lower Hudson Valley Paper Model E-Gift Shop - Photo Gallery - Miscellaneous/Other

there is a file that says
"...
Lucas has made available the different logos for the shuttles. Thanks Lucas !! to contact Lucas here is his email ...
... "
(convert the model to any other)

is it for THAT particular model?

also ... on the jleslie page, there is an SRB + ET for the delta7studio model.
Does it fit the columbia? (because it's made for discovery ...
(silly question of mine)

-Another problem, the similar pages:
The Lower Hudson Valley Paper Model E-Gift Shop
Welcome to the Lower Hudson Valley Challenger Learning Center

one of them has ALL the complete apollo era list, the other page is missing several. (does not have the saturn v 1:48 full full) ...
what is the difference? why 2 names?

more questions
- if I choose the fortezza, the ET, and the correct srb are these?
(at jleslie48.com)

"...
1/100 scale Shuttle stack 2.0 !!!. Totally re-designed by Bill, a much more fitting match for the shuttle.
... "

A thousand apologies for my total ignorance.
Thank you
Old 07-12-2021, 02:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
No need to apologize for having questions. We all have them. Were I you, though, I'd pick a model and zero in with specific inquires. Some people will find the scatter-shot approach off-putting and pass by your thread without offering answers.

Your best bet is to start with one of Alfonso's models at the AXM website. They offer good engineering, relatively straightforward construction and clear instructions. His models are well-researched. In fact, on his website, he has an exhaustive reference of -- and parts for -- all the Shuttle stacks. You can build any Shuttle stack that flew. (Over the course of the STS program, there were various differences in markings, thermal coatings, etc., on the ETs and RSRMs, as well as the Orbiters themselves.

Keep in mind Alfonso's models are not "shake and bake," to borrow a term from the styrene modeling world. But after you've practiced and mastered a few basic cardmodeling skills and techniques, you can build them into nice replicas.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:00 PM

I know, I saw them, I smelled them ... I know the aeronautical and aerospace environment ... I am not a "rivet counter" (are they called that?) .. but I can identify something by their small marks.
if I have gaps I investigate ...
(I spend with the Lancia ... look for it is very nice, especially with its full cockpit)

Maybe one of my questions was, which is closer to the fortezza model ... without being fortezza?
what I noticed is that the Canon model has the detail of the thermal tiles everywhere ... and especially the DELTA7 model, the free columbia ...
//www.delta7studios.com/columbia.htm
(Besides that in jlieslie page there are more modifications of this ... I think)
It has even more details of tiles even in the white places ...
model axm, don't bring them. I mean, it's EXCELLENT, but ...
understand me, or I go up to the fortezza level, or "low" to the simpler one but with more details than the axm.

As I said above, sometimes ... very sometimes, a "simple" model but very detailed in its markings (paint) can compete at the level of an extremely complex one. with the naked eye, obviously.
Sometimes I feel much much more comfortable assembling models that have the least amount of pieces, and the final finish is ALMOST as good as the most complex ... especially if the assembly implies that they have everything already joined and are not unnecessarily loose pieces. ...
for example:
use "petals" to give a rounded conical shape, instead of conical "rings" (more pieces). if you paint the edges of the paper with a marker, the lines disappear ... believe me.
ok ... it's just my opinion. sorry for so many letters.

Thank you so much.
(If you can, please answer some of my questions above)
Old 07-12-2021, 12:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 133.91 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post
Hi Craft,

There is an update to the Saturn V here in the download section. Look for legal01 updates in the manned space section.
Hello Craft,
as far as I know, that is the updated version of the Saturn V 1:48 by Greelt and others.

I used the model from papermodelingman.com, it has some less detail. I "discovered" the one in the Downloads section that mbauer suggested you after I printed, cut and started building it (now it's in pause, because I first need to find the place where to put whence finished... it's huge!).
Old 07-12-2021, 01:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 133.91 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by craft View Post
-Another problem, the similar pages:
The Lower Hudson Valley Paper Model E-Gift Shop
Welcome to the Lower Hudson Valley Challenger Learning Center

one of them has ALL the complete apollo era list, the other page is missing several. (does not have the saturn v 1:48 full full) ...
what is the difference? why 2 names?
The sites are the same: at a certain point, the domain switched from jleslie48.com to papermodelingman.com; at the beginning, the former redirected to the latter, but now it seems to be broken.

As I explained in your other post, in papermodelingman.com there actually is a complete Saturn V 1:48's kit and some interesting recolored parts (especially the F-1 engine). However, in the Downloads section the complete kit is accompanied with some more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft View Post
A thousand apologies for my total ignorance.
Thank you
No one is born learned!
Old 07-14-2021, 02:20 PM

forget ALL that confusing mix of questions from the beginning ... (sorry for that)

Here is how little is left to ask (or remain unanswered):

-the little joe II what scale is it? (from ton noteboom..which always does in 1:96 ...)
almost certainly 1:96

-Saturn 1 SA-5 ... the same? (it's from christopher davis)

-I think I have seen, read, mentioned MORE versions of SATURN 1 (the other "SA-") I don't see them anywhere. where are they?

-Is there a complete Apollo + LM CSM model? And very detailed?
I think..that the only fully "compatible" version of the same set..is the noteboom and canon version ... the others can be re-scaled (lm udon, other csm, etc)

-Where do I find information on: Carl, "Surfduke" s, rare Apollo model? Is complete?
through the wayback page, many pdfs are missing
I'm about to look for it in the download sector

-How to make the saturn v (ton noteboom), stand on its side? (not supported, but good fixed, well joined)
as if you hold it with your hand to the SI, and the stages sII, SIV, apollo, les, do not come off, when I tilt it? (Besides that each stage has its own engines) ... how do you "hook"?

there is a space shuttle model from delta7studios ... the DISCOVERY ..and also this: COLUMBIA
//www.delta7studios.com/columbia.htmwww.delta7studios.com/columbia.htm

The Lower Hudson Valley Paper Model E-Gift Shop - Photo Gallery - Miscellaneous/Other
here, there is a modification to convert it to any model ... is that so?

tons of questions-bandicam-2021-07-14-16-41-26-907.jpg

Perhaps one of my questions was, what is closest to the fortezza model ... without being fortezza?
what i noticed is that the DELTA7 model, the free columbia (and the Canon) has the thermal tile detail all over it ...
// www. delta7studios. com / columbia. htm
It has even more mosaic details even in the white places
axm model, does not bring them. I mean, it's EXCELLENT, but ...
understand me, or I go up to the level of fortezza, or "low" to the simplest but with more details than the axm.
very sometimes, a "simple" model but very detailed in its markings (paint) can compete at the level of an extremely complex one. with the naked eye, obviously.

the FORTEZZA:

-There is no original SRB Y ET model for the fortezza model.
is this the best version for that model?

tons of questions-bandicam-2021-07-14-16-42-37-364.jpg

-I saw in a thread, about the construction of the model fortezza, that someone made VERY serious modifications on the pattern of the thermal tiles (pdf files) they talked about the low level of detail that some pieces had, besides that they were badly "inverted" .... is "CRITICAL" those improvements? .. also they are lost there ... (I would have to look for it again)
if so, it would be good to have a whole "package" together, so they are not lost.

(like greelt's saturn v 1:48, improved by LEGAL 01) all in one place.

-How long does it take to put together something like this? (fortezza) (example 8 hours a day.) (my lancia finished it in 1 month, it started before sunrise and stopped to sleep)

finally some "SUPPOSITION" of mine.
-The "LEGAL01" versions are the most "current". If it has the logo, it is the last version ... in the 1:48 version, ... in the 1:96 version, as I said, 2 pieces are wrong.

why i ask?
... everyone enjoyed the "party" (I mean yahoo forums, the original forums where BUILDERS respond directly to you) .... and I came to the party when it ended. now everything is "eat the crumbs of the party and the leftover half-full cups"
Old 07-15-2021, 10:25 AM

about the Apollo surfduke's Moonport Project model
https://web.archive.org/web/20070910...m/Moon%20Port/
almost everything is down.
here in papermodelers they are in the download site (everything?)
including the sa-7 that are not seen on the waybackmachine page.

just one detail: the model "Moonport Apollo Service Module - 1-32nd scale" (here, in the download section) has a file called "SM Rev3.pdf" .... and in the wayback it is "rev4"
Old 07-19-2021, 04:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 968.01 MB
Send me a PM

I'll try and help you out.

Be safe!