PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 07-22-2021, 12:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
I have almost immediately thought about size. Rockets aren't that big a problem having a small cross section. You can put a lot of them on a shelf. But other stuff, like planes, take up a lot of room. I started to build in reduced sizes. I made dioramas and other stuff in 1/400. (for example AXM's shuttle stack and launch pad on a crawler) Now my eyes are getting a little worse so I refrained to building planes in 1/72 and 1/100, even built a Spitfire in 1/33. Still, my shelves are stuffed. There's a solution for that: You can always give stuff away and make room! (-:
Old 08-19-2021, 04:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 592.55 MB
I take advantage of this thread to ask (so I do not open another unnecessary thread)

I know this is difficult, but if someone knows please can you answer me:

I just printed alfonso moreno's axm shuttle ...
it is a fact. there is no way back.

In the AXM shuttle, each shuttle has its own "specific" parts for EACH mission ... and besides there are the "General" files to be able to build the model ...
I MAKE SURE I have all the files needed to build mine.

.. VERY prudently I printed a DUPLICATE file of the cockpit WINDOWS:
in the file of the model comes the part SPECIFIC for THAT ONLY mission.
and in the general parts part there is a sheet with the "improved" WINDOWS for each version
(They are on a single sheet) and include all the windows for all the ships, and all their missions.
they also have more details (rivets on the windows)

question:
Does anyone have a photo, or can you tell me how it is finished with those new windows?
can you appreciate the details (of rivets, or other things) or is it just "almost the same"?

I didn't see any photos with those windows, so I can't tell what they "look" like when finished
... also, I have only ONE attempt to put it together ... so I want to make sure they are as good as possible "on the first shot".

thanks a lot.
Old 08-21-2021, 05:47 AM

Craft, Alfonso has a couple of downloadable PDFs on his site in which ALL the specific missions of the shuttle are shown, what the orbiter looked like during that specific mission and also the external tank and boosters. In that document you can find all the information you need about when which modification happend on each of the orbiters.
(Look for Space Shuttle External Markings)

Secondly, in the end it is your shuttle. No one will notice you might not have used the correct configuration of that mission.
Good luck with your build!
Old 08-21-2021, 10:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 592.55 MB
Thank you very much for your answer...
Of course, I have downloaded all the manuals, guides, and help from Alfonso ... to choose MY specific version of shuttle, et, and srb.
and I have looked at all the models in detail before I even printed.
now that I have PRINTED already. I have to choose what type of window I will put ... the one that "includes the specific model" ... or the "improved" one.
I clarify that the improved INCLUDES all the shuttle, and ALL its variants and versions ... so it DOES NOT change the HISTORICAL realism ... only the "fine" detail. (simple: these pieces improve the detail of the windows, without modifying the specific MISSION)

my question was more "visual"
(imagine a model that has everything "simplified and smooth" ... and only one part has a huge amount of detail (rivets))

as I did not see any photos of the improved window versions ... I wanted to see how these LOOK, ... if anyone has the experience of it.

my last question ... (sorry if this is not the correct thread)
it's like making a "system" to join the ET and STS together .... and this is REMOVABLE, as many times as you want. (... I remove the sts, and put another sts)
It seems difficult ... and I think you have to do more "modified" pieces to achieve that. (I thought of magnets, or toothpicks going through the sts ... unfortunately damaging the sts shield)

even so..thank you very much.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.93 GB
You are an artist. I love your work.
Google Adsense
Old 08-21-2021, 11:37 PM

Hi Craft, I cannot find the "improved" windows you are referring to. Only the "NEW" windows page included in the general files. Just a little check with one of the original files of any AXM shuttle I cannot really see any significant difference. Of course not.

If Alfonso improves something to fit with his other stuff, it would sound highly illogical to create one piece that stands out like a 'sore eye' compared to the rest. So of course it will fit the original components just fine.
Just go and build your shuttle. It will be all right.