PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 07-10-2021, 12:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 592.55 MB
tons of questions

tons of questions

sorry if i'm really bad asking, if it's not the right place.

jleslie48.com/gallery_models.html

-the little joe II what scale is it? (It's from ton noteboom..which always does in 1:96 ...)
-Saturn 1 SA-5 ... the same. (it's from christopher davis)

-What is the "more detailed" version of Saturn 1, 1b, and V?

ehmm, SATURN V noteboom for 1:96, greelt- Jean Paul Percival for 1-48. SATURN 1? 1b from noteboom?

-Is there a complete Apollo + LM CSM model? And very detailed?
(I, use and RE-SCALE the little model of t noteboon, to a size of 60cm attached, and fully repainted)
... then I discovered that there is the CANON version.
... then I discovered the U-DONS Factory (has only the LM sadly)

-Is there an apollo-a7l astronaut model? The only one I found is the one from PaperReplika (the photos are contradictory, it looks modern, but with the hasselblad camera it looks like the a7lb)

-There is an ACES II spacesuit, plus the ejection seat. fully complete with visor?

-in addition to the space shuttle AXM, FORTEZZA, CANON, and PAPER REPLIKA versions ... is there another version?
(free, and that it is TOTALLY complete..no sections of structure)

Thank you so much
Google Adsense
Old 07-10-2021, 06:48 PM

... understand, everyone enjoyed the "party" (I mean the yahoo forums, the original forums and the time when those who believe it respond directly to you) .... and I arrived at the party when it was over.

more questions:

-Are there other saturn 1s? I mean 1 (not 1b)
-Where do I find information on: Carl, "Surfduke" s, outstanding Apollo model? It is complete?
-Are there SRB AND ET for the fortezza model? where are they?
-what scale is the canon model? it does not say it anywhere. fortezza, axm, paper replika?
(I mean, in scale ... and in centimeters, because I wouldn't want to create a monster that doesn't fit in my room, not even a mini-paper)

-I think you asked above, is there a "dockable" combination of a csm apollo + lm .... like CANON? (I made my own with a tube that crossed the csm to the upper stage lm ... but taken from t. noteboom ... you will see)

my style is to have everything complete, the combination fully functional, not just a few loose sectors.

space shuttle:

(I think that what makes a shuttle interesting are the thermal ceramic tiles everywhere ... it makes the model look serious and difficult ... besides that it "camouflages" and "covers" the cuts and folds)
especially on the white side of the shuttle

-paper replika (shuttle, srb, et, and base, that is, it has everything and is "simple")
-canon (detailed version) (shuttle, srb, et and real base, has the detail of the thermal tiles ... the same, but a little better?)
-axm (shut, srb, and et ... almost, almost, the only thing I miss is that it does not have the drawing of the ceramic tiles on the wings or on the fuselage- white side of the shuttle)
-fortezza (only shuttle ... or is there more? there is no srb and et? ... what I saw is that they have the incredible detail of the ceramic tiles everywhere, EVEN ON THE WINGS, white side, and the bahia covers )

with a hand on my heart ... which model should I start first? Or how difficult are they?, MORE importantly, how do they end up?
I mean, it MAY be that a "simple" model is ALMOST also one that has many details ... so, on balance, it may not be a waste to make a simple model.

(Although I and my pride were always like that, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING, but I always choose the MOST DIFFICULT, at the first try ... you will already know me (for example: my first papercraft, without any kind of knowledge was the Subaru Impreza wrc 06 extremely detailed, it was a pain, but it hardened me)

Last edited by craft; 07-10-2021 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-10-2021, 07:15 PM

-There is a very detailed version of the shuttle that is mentioned in yahoo forums ... who spoke here ... but I can't find it ... is it complete ... or just pieces?

-how to make the saturn v, stand on its side?
I grab it with my hand, and the stages sII, SIV, apollo, les, do not come off, when I tilt it? (Besides that each stage has its own motors) ... how do the "hook" "lock"?

Last edited by craft; 07-10-2021 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-10-2021, 07:33 PM

sorry for my bad memory:
more questions:
(understand me ... years working alone, and now I have the possibility to ask)
continuing with what he said about the "party" ... do yahoo papercraft forums still exist? I read that the very detailed shuttle came from there .... but where?

-The hyper-giant model of Saturn V is finished? Greell's 1:48 (is it called like that?) Where do I find it?
at jleslie48.com/gallery_models.html is full of 1:48 "chunks" of saturn v ... is there one that brings it all together? ...

-Sometimes it happens that in this or other pages ... they do not update the model to the "last" version ... and I miss something or a detail ...
(It usually happens that in the forums there are more modifications day by day, than what jleslie publishes)

- Another problem is that as you "enlarge" or increase the size ... the model looks more "smooth" "simple" "boring" ... if it does not have details and does not have "marks", when you enlarge it it looks boring or "empty" ..... so there must be a rescaling limit.
... for example, the fortezza model of the shuttle has a spectacular detail ... I could rescale it to occupy my entire living room. but the paperreplica no ... would be boring and white. (The axm would be intermediate) ... that's why I ask ... what are its measurements in CENTIMETERS if I print it on A4 sheet to the space shuttle axm, fortezza, paperreplika, canon

... forget the betexa space shuttle ... (STEAL IS BAD) ... I don't take it into account because I can't buy it. (even so, they find it for in "onlypaper.ru")
Old 07-10-2021, 11:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Hello craft.
Looks like you are new to this site of hobbyists, builders and designers. Welcome to a very friendly forum. May I suggest that rather than launching 100 questions to the group, how about introducing yourself, and explaining a little bit about yourself, what your interests are in paper modeling, and what you are currently building. Then try asking about two questions to start the conversation.
Old 07-10-2021, 11:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by craft View Post
sorry for my bad memory:
more questions:

-The hyper-giant model of Saturn V is finished? Greell's 1:48 (is it called like that?) Where do I find it?
at jleslie48.com/gallery_models.html is full of 1:48 "chunks" of saturn v ... is there one that brings it all together? ...

- Another problem is that as you "enlarge" or increase the size ... the model looks more "smooth" "simple" "boring" ... if it does not have details and does not have "marks", when you enlarge it it looks boring or "empty" ..... so there must be a rescaling limit.
Hi Craft,

There is an update to the Saturn V here in the download section. Look for legal01 updates in the manned space section.

Here is a thread where the Saturn V was enlarged: 1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)

As always Ken West did a 1/12 scale Apollo Command module you can purchase on ecards dot com

What type of modeling have you done in the past?

Paper models take a new skill. You need to form the part after cutting them out. It is a challenge above just gluing plastic models together.
You will need to roll the paper into tubes for fuselages, score fold lines that will need bent into shape. How accurate you are in pre-forming these parts will help when gluing and the final final results of how the model looks when completed.

Hope these help with some of your questions.

Mike
Old 07-11-2021, 10:01 AM

Thank you very much for your answers. I appreciate it
I must ask slowly. I'll keep it in mind.

my first papercraft was
the saturn v 1:96 from noteboom (ver 2.2)
followed by the CSM + LM of noteboom enlarged and edited by me (total docked size: 70 cm)
-then the wrc subaru impreza 06 whit cockpit
-lancia Delta hf integrale 16 v with cockpit
-ferrari f40 GTE custom
... and some models that are "test" and others that I lost
I did all this without any prior knowledge- tests- specialized tools, adequate paper, or anything expensive, (here in South America, it costs us everything) ... also I always choose the most difficult at the beginning (just for stubborn) ... also I just use scissors.
(as if someone chose a yamaha ULTRA as the first model ... you know)

and I was thinking of doing some shuttle
(Please, if it's not too much trouble, could you answer some of my questions)

one day I was very bored of watching the sun rise and fall .... and without any prior knowledge or tools, I threw myself into the world of .... anyway very soon I will make an "introduction to myself"

-one last very important question:
you ... when gluing two pieces of COLOR ... paint the edge and the interiors with colored fiber so that the "mark" of the limits of the paper does not remain? .... I always did that ... I bought a fiber for each color of my models ... and you can't see the ugly white marks of the pieces on their edges.
Old 07-11-2021, 12:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Re: The Fortezza Orbiter. It is NOT for beginners. Plus, as it comes, there are accuracy issues with the tile patterns, particularly on the underside.

That said, it can be built into a pretty good replica with some work. A few years ago, I tackled it, resizing it from 1/100 to 1/96th. I corrected the errors I could and revised the tail to include the drag-chute housing. I replicated the FRSI blankets with textured paper and added/corrected lots of detail throughout.

I also scratchbuilt the ET and SRBs. As I recall, I used some of Alfonso Moreno's excellent work to replicate some of the detail. I used appropriately sized model rocket tubes as a basis for the ET and SRBs.
Attached Thumbnails
tons of questions-img_6433.jpg   tons of questions-img_6435.jpg   tons of questions-img_6438.jpg   tons of questions-img_6133.jpg   tons of questions-img_6132.jpg  

Old 07-11-2021, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanners View Post
Re: The Fortezza Orbiter. It is NOT for beginners. Plus, as it comes, there are accuracy issues with the tile patterns, particularly on the underside.

That said, it can be built into a pretty good replica with some work. A few years ago, I tackled it, resizing it from 1/100 to 1/96th. I corrected the errors I could and revised the tail to include the drag-chute housing. I replicated the FRSI blankets with textured paper and added/corrected lots of detail throughout.

I also scratchbuilt the ET and SRBs. As I recall, I used some of Alfonso Moreno's excellent work to replicate some of the detail. I used appropriately sized model rocket tubes as a basis for the ET and SRBs.
Great looking build. I must have missed this, did you do a build thread? or was it a long time ago and I just forgot about it?

Mike

Last edited by mbauer; 07-11-2021 at 04:32 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-11-2021, 05:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post
Great looking build. I must have missed this, did you do a build thread? or was it a long time ago and I just forgot about it?

Mike
Thanks for the kind words. I built the model over a decade ago. Can't recall if I did a build thread, but if I did, it was on another cardmodeling website, one that I'd rather forget about....

This details the work on the Orbiter: Space Shuttle Atlantis by David Hanners (Card 1/96)
Google Adsense