PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 11-10-2021, 06:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 592.55 MB
and so it all ends. the last photos are random.

AXM Space Shuttle: all missions done !!!-20211110_084650.jpg AXM Space Shuttle: all missions done !!!-20211110_084806.jpg
AXM Space Shuttle: all missions done !!!-20211110_085913.jpg AXM Space Shuttle: all missions done !!!-20211110_085938.jpg

I only have 2 problems:
-the models, being SO white, tend to stain easily (gray dust, dirt or natural oil from the hands, sweating,) they hardly last long in the pure WHITE color ... the good thing is that in reality .. .NONE shuttle was pure white, they were more like "milk" or "cream".

the other problem that my family insists on asking me is:
Where do i keep them? since I have no space.
Old 11-10-2021, 06:52 AM

I'm sorry if I did a lot of writing, if I criticized someone's great work too much ...
and please, if anyone can. help me to accommodate the images.
Thank you. And regards.

EDIT
sorry ... I forgot to mention one LAST detail about assembly, which shows how difficult it is to have little help or guidance.
the OMS MANEUVER ENGINES (the small motors)
NOTHING indicates how to glue them to the model, I made a HOLE IN EACH OMS-POD to be able to insert the cone (that is, the motor), also each or more motor has an inner fin that is firmly attached so as not to slip out of place.

according to the manual, the motors (all of them) are installed at the end of the assembly) ... I built, in order: the base of the flap, the vertical wing, the thrust structure, the holes, the oms pods with their holes, and Just at the end I made the motors, I glued the oms-pod with their motors to the structure.

It really became very difficult for me to follow the order of assembly .. since then I could not "enter" inside a piece, or have more comfort when joining pieces.

Thank you. and sorry for this "log" of my experience.

Last edited by craft; 11-10-2021 at 07:13 AM.
Old 11-10-2021, 03:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Hey Craft, very nice clean builds. Really nice job. You could always put them vertically, on a shelf, or habg them from a ceiling with fishing wire. Upside down is no problem, shuttles often flew with their tail pointed down to earth anyway.

I always find my own way of assembling if the official way of assembling isn't my idea of how it should be. No one tells you what to do, so you can improve with every new model you make.
A way to prevent taking up much space is to build smaller. I built AXM's shuttle many times in 1/400 which is too small, actually.

But I found most models can easily be reduced to least to half their original size. And then you can also print them twice on the same amount of paper. Spare parts!
Old 11-10-2021, 03:51 PM

I forgot, everything was cut with scissors, no sharp blades (olfa)

thanks for the advice.
Old 12-06-2021, 11:39 AM

forget to tell an anecdote:

in the end I got what I wanted ... all the shuttles, plus their stack, completely interchangeable ... but ...
my original plan was, do the 5 shuttles ... but the Fortezza version
(I thank God for not seriously considering that option ... I already had enough problems with the axm shuttle)
(even so, I am very satisfied with the axm shuttle)

I was always like that, if I'm going to have something, it better be all complete.
so I got the saturn v 1:96, the apollo and the LM version j mission ... etc
according to my plans ... I would continue with:

-the SATURN 1 SA-5 (1:96) by christopher davis (sure)
-Fabrizio Prudenziati tiger moth (very sure I will)
-boeing stearman by paper replika (sure)
-gloster gladiator by stahlhart (maybe)
-a 1967 LOTUS 49 (cartoon style) (maybe it will)
-AN-2 by bruno ...or canadair cl-415 by bruno (free version published here)
-some by gary pilsworth (from the download section)
-avro tutor 621 (from the page modellbauseite)
-zlin-26 (published here) (or other)

(unfortunately I discard the assembly of the x-15 from yuen :( , the fortezza shuttle, the saturn v 1:48, the little joe 2, the saturn 1b, the rover, hubble and voyager from noteboom ... and many planes, animals ( canon), and much more ... due to lack of time, money.

soon I will publish the images of my cars wrc and gt. (on the corresponding site)

Cheers

Saturn 1 (SA-5) Launch Color TV Feed - YouTube
AXM Space Shuttle: all missions done !!!-246c8373613ddffd17215f1b9d9fefcb.jpg

AXM Space Shuttle: all missions done !!!-saturn_sa5_launch.jpg
Google Adsense
Old 12-07-2021, 07:32 PM

I forgot something (typical of me)
I ask you ... someone could and they have photos of the Saturn 1 SA-5 ... I have hardly found photos of the model. If anyone has, saw or published or saw published photos of this model ... I would appreciate it.
Old 12-11-2021, 04:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
That is a really nice collection of models craft and look really well made too! Congratulations.

Regards

Kevin