PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 05-20-2022, 11:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB

At the beginning of this thread I mentioned that I had printed out a Gemini model. Well, I had actually printed two, one without interior and one with interior. Since I've yet to printout the Redstone I thought I'd just do a quick build.

Most everything went well, but I did have one issue. At 1/24th the capsule interior is a little tight. I think using same thickness of paper made this interior *very* tight. But I did get in.
Attached Thumbnails
Gemini?-img_3970.jpg   Gemini?-img_3972.jpg   Gemini?-img_3974.jpg   Gemini?-img_3978.jpg   Gemini?-img_3979.jpg  

Isaac Asimov
Old 05-20-2022, 04:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Excellent job! Years ago, I had a printer with a “reverse print” function, and using it, I was able to reverse the right hatch parts into a left hatch and opened both sides to show the hatches open after splashdown. (It required me to scratchbuild the flotation collar, since it had to be attached before the recovery teams could open the hatches.)

I’ve built lots of Dan’s Gemini capsules over the years, but for some reason I never built them in the original 1/24th scale. I always shrunk them to 1/32nd or 1/48th.
Old 05-21-2022, 10:19 AM

Thanks! I know the picture you're referring to. That model helped to inspire me (and many others I'm sure) to build more papermodels. I love the way you go beyond the kit and add things to go for the more realistic presentation.

I still have more Gemini, here's my largest to smallest: 1/24, 1/48, ~1/96, from Dan Shippey and Micro Models.

Now starting work on the Card In Space Mercury-Redstone by Michael Urban.
Attached Thumbnails
Gemini?-img_3982.jpg  

Isaac Asimov
Old 06-14-2022, 11:09 AM

So I finished the Mercury-Redstone, and I decided to build Leo's Saturn 1B which I ordered from Index . It's been shipped but I have no idea when it will arrive. When I started this thread I had printed out a second copy so that I would have spare pieces if I messed anything up. I didn't mess anything up, at least not bad enough to have to use any of the spare parts, so I have a kit ready to use while waiting for the delivery.

I decided I would come back to this thread and post some more build pics for Gemini (hopefully of parts I hadn't covered the first round).
Attached Thumbnails
Gemini?-img_4049.jpg  

Isaac Asimov
Old 07-04-2022, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
I decided I would come back to this thread and post some more build pics for Gemini (hopefully of parts I hadn't covered the first round).
Just to kind of close out this thread, I reviewed the pictures I was taking and it looked pretty redundant. So on to new projects. . .

Isaac Asimov
Google Adsense