PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 10-21-2022, 06:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB

Thanks sreinmann, surfduke, BigGiraffe, and Dazliare.

Dazliare, I can understand, I hit a couple of points in the beginning where I almost stopped, particularly around the 'birdcage'. But I had spent so much time I felt too invested to give up.

Isaac Asimov
Old 11-07-2022, 08:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 43.01 MB
That is an extremely impressive model. Well done, Sir. Looking forward to seeing your next project.
Old 11-07-2022, 09:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.48 GB
Love the build and this is on my desk to start also, i was thinking how easy would it be to increase the size? i have no experience in resizing, but would love to do a larger (easier on eyes and fingers) models, x 2 would be i think a good size.

thanks
Old 11-07-2022, 06:18 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
I enlarged the model to 1/35. That made it a lot easier to build. There were still some very tight tolerances, but the fussy bits were a lot less fussy. My build of the LEM just won a Judge's Choice award at a scale modeler meet in Oshkosh, WI.

It might be interesting to build Uhu02's LEM at 1/24. The resolution of the artwork looks high enough to support that.
Old 11-14-2022, 11:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Congratulations on POTM.
Google Adsense
Old 11-22-2022, 09:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 43.01 MB
Mechanic,

A truly great model...and I also congratulate you on POTM...very well deserved, Sir.
Old 11-22-2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrison View Post
I enlarged the model to 1/35. That made it a lot easier to build. There were still some very tight tolerances, but the fussy bits were a lot less fussy. My build of the LEM just won a Judge's Choice award at a scale modeler meet in Oshkosh, WI.

It might be interesting to build Uhu02's LEM at 1/24. The resolution of the artwork looks high enough to support that.

Hi i asked a while back. but how do you enlarge this model. I wish to build but parts are rather small, a larger size would help..

thanks

Pete
Old 11-27-2022, 06:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 115.38 MB
Fantastic build so far.
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I was wondering about what scale this is, and what thickness of paper is used here.
Old 12-13-2022, 02:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Weir View Post
Hi i asked a while back. but how do you enlarge this model. I wish to build but parts are rather small, a larger size would help..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancooper View Post
Fantastic build so far.
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I was wondering about what scale this is, and what thickness of paper is used here.
Sorry for the late response. One thing that has delayed my reply was that I couldn't find my measuring caliper, so yesterday I finally just broke down and got a new caliper.

@Peter Weir, simplest answer is to print it out at 200%, but then you have to look at issues like the size and thickness of the paper you're using to print on. Sometimes (if you have the right graphics program) you can rotate individual parts so as they don't spill over on the size of paper you're using. Thickness definitely an issue with uhu02's designs.

@Dancooper, the thickness of my paper measures out to .24 mm. uhu02 states that he uses photo paper that is .21 mm thick. I don't know if the thickness is significant enough to make a difference, maybe contributing to the "fussiness" Sakrison mentions. As far as this build goes, it is done. I do plan to do a second model with the skins on to display side by side though. As far as scale goes, uhu02 says it's 1/48, but comparing it to U-dons Factory model, which is also 1/ 48, there is a quite noticeable difference in size of the two models. It took me a while to find a drawing measurement that I could easily check, which turned out to be the span of the deployed landing pads. Two drawings state it is 31' while a pdf text said it was 29.9'. Either way, U-don's at 7 3/4", is a lot closer than uhu02's at 9". From what I recall printing it, I reduced the image by 5% to get it to fit an 8 1/2" X 11" sheet.

Attached Thumbnails
Uhu02's Lunar Module-img_4289.jpg  

Isaac Asimov
Old 12-13-2022, 08:38 PM

Thanks for the reply, i wasnt sure if it was actually going through or being seem, no worries, i have been playing with the scale and i have managed to print it at 150 percent, but still find the pieces small so i will try again at 200. i can modify and adjust the PDF so i can fit pieces on the paper 8 1/2 x 11 i have 11 x 17 that i might try printing on

thanks again once again amazing work
Google Adsense