PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 08-31-2010, 07:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
hey Willis398, I think your on to something there. I think there are about 11936 members on this site,your guess of about 2 square feet is about right! Now where do we build it, I can say for sure my wife has about reached her limit on my models(she asked if she should move out so me and my "models" could be alone)...so what about your place?? Hey it'll look so cool sitting in your front yard don't you think?......Rich
Old 08-31-2010, 10:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 343.62 MB
Sorry for the delay in answering, regular work gets in the way of what I really want to do.

richkat -
Did not plan to build the full stack, not enough room in my basement engineering room. Putting it together the cheapest way that I know of, by tiling it after enlarging and using my printer on cardstock. I had to rearrange several components to get them to print on 8.5 X 11 size sheets. On really large pieces I use 8.5 X 17. For unusual objects, I have an old Canon printer with a straight feed thru that will do t-shirts (but I haven't tried this).

dhanners -
The ship I printed out was the OV-099 Challenger, because I wanted something colorful with a TDRS-B in the bay. The vertical stablizer did not have the drag chute, and the markings are not completed yet on my copy. I will need to fix that.

I like my models with a theme, or a scale that I can put with other models for size comparisons.

Damraska -
Now you've just added the U-2 to my list, darn!

Recent developments shown below with the OMS Pod. I still get a thrill with this section of the shuttle. One day I walked out on the production floor at work and right smack in the middle of one of these with the shell taken off. I fell in love with all the piping and wiring exposed (I'm that kind of guy, .....really). It was bigger than my first house.
Attached Thumbnails
1/48 scale space shuttle-dscn0259.jpg   1/48 scale space shuttle-dscn0260.jpg   1/48 scale space shuttle-dscn0261.jpg   1/48 scale space shuttle-dscn0262.jpg   1/48 scale space shuttle-dscn0263.jpg  

Old 08-31-2010, 11:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by willis398 View Post
Hello,

I'm not sure if the link made it in my last post of the shuttle full scale. so here it is:

Full Scale Space Shuttle or Shuttle Nose - Full Scale Replicas

-Willis
I'm almost afraid to find out how much something like this would cost.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:31 PM

Wow the wife saves the day!! could not find out how "tile" print a enlarged (208%) shuttle. then my great wife Kathy (feeling sorry for me i think) found out and showed me how to do it in corelDRAW, turns out it's very easy...I think she just wanted to see how bad i realy wanted to build that big monster!! (even though she still says "JUST WHERE ARE YOU PLANING TO PUT THAT THING!).....Rich
Old 09-09-2010, 05:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.98 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkat View Post
Wow the wife saves the day!! could not find out how "tile" print a enlarged (208%) shuttle. then my great wife Kathy (feeling sorry for me i think) found out and showed me how to do it in corelDRAW, turns out it's very easy...I think she just wanted to see how bad i realy wanted to build that big monster!! (even though she still says "JUST WHERE ARE YOU PLANING TO PUT THAT THING!).....Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkat View Post
I can say for sure my wife has about reached her limit on my models(she asked if she should move out so me and my "models" could be alone)
let's just hope she isn't helping you with more space... :D
Google Adsense
Old 09-09-2010, 07:17 PM

Hey, 2Kamser you might be on to something...Do you think it might be a cunning plan on her part to get rid of me??.....Rich
Old 12-27-2010, 08:44 AM

on yahoo groups there is a "space paper models" group,.. there is a guy on there building a 1/48 scale shuttle,.. the exhaust cones are amazing,.. he is building it in stages (no pun intended) once you sign in click on the files link,.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:22 PM

HMCS what is this yahoo groupe you speek of??....Rich
Old 12-27-2010, 06:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.99 MB
Here's a link:
Space-Paper-Models : space paper models

I've been following that shuttle model for a while. It looks similar to the Fortezza shuttle (Which itself is copied from another model <_<), only more detailed. I can't wait for it to be completed.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:40 AM

yes thats the one,.. the cones are awesome,.. I believe there is even a 1/48th orange suit pilot?
Google Adsense